1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philly Gaybourhood/Philly Gay Events

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justchris, Apr 19, 2012.

1. justchris

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I pretty much live within a 30 minute drive from Philly. I've always known the Gaybourhood was there, but I just never really acknowledged it because I wasn't out. Well, now that I'm out, I was kind of curious if anyone has any advice for tackling Philly's gay neighborhoods. I'm not looking to go out and be promiscuous, but I want to see some of the gay culture in the city that I practically grew up in but never noticed until recently. If anyone has any advice on things/places to definitely go to/do, it would be much appreciated!

Also, anyone have any advice for Philly's Pride in June or OutFest in October, or any other Philly gay-friendly events?

2. dreamcatcher

There's nothing much in the gayborhood in Philly. Mostly townhouses and nice little stores with rainbow flags but they do have a couple of bars and clubs around. Someone I knew who is bi used to go to Woody's a lot which is a gay bar/club. I think it's somewhere around walnut and 12th street. He also went to Icandy a lot. I've never been but those are two places you could check out. Philly has a pretty large lgbt population so you should find plenty of stuff around. I don't know if you're in college but at my previous University in Philly, there were definitely a lot of lgbt people. If you are in college, definitely check the lgbt groups as they have a lot going on. I wasn't out in my previous school so I don't know much about Outfest or any lgbt groups but good luck!