1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learned my ex cheated 5 months after I left him; Why do I care?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Koll

A friend of mine essentially told me my ex was fooling around with some other guy a month before I left him for essentially showing no interest in me..

This is all old news and stuff; I don't understand why I'm so annoyed though- Is it normal?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

You were betrayed, of course you will fill crap about it. Even if you have broken up with him, you two were together back then, and he violated the monogamy of the relationship.

Don't worry this will probably come back around to him when he falls in love, cheats again then gets dumped.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Its probably hard to get past the shame of feeling used. Allot of what you are going through is "why wasnt I enough?" and as much as you consciously tell yourself that you did nothing wrong and that you are still a good person there is probably still a little piece of you that thinks that you did something wrong.

Like Zaio said, you should not worry about this to much, just dont let it toughen you up, there are allot of broken people out there who will hurt you because all they know is pain, but you must keep your heart open and find love every chance you get! And remember, you can only love another person as much as you love yourself, so dont be to hard on yourself sometimes ok?

With love,

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's natural to be annoyed by that. You thought he was one way, and found out he was another. Imagine finding out that at your previous job, your boss was going to give you a raise for your last four months, but then didn't. That doesn't change anything about the job from your perspective, but you'd still probably be annoyed by it. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Koll

I really love the insight this community can give me sometimes.. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. I feel a lot better about it.