1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UncertainHopes, Apr 20, 2012.

1. UncertainHopes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So here's my situation is that there is this guy I am crushing on extremely hard. This is kind of one of those is he or isn't he type of threads but not as much. This guy in my school named Sam is the cutest, funniest and sweetest guy I know and I'm killing myself because I hhave my suspicions about his sexual identity but I think its wishful thinking. I know that nothing will ever become of this crush but I still can't find the strength to get over it. I'm not 100% out because of my "camp" type program which ends in the gr10-11 summer. I dont think I want to come out to him because I dont know how he would react. Sorry for the lon post I just needed to vent..

Omg so many spelling errors im so sleepy sorry

2. Emma of Winter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sorry you're having a difficult time. I wish I could offer some better advice, I've never had to confront a crush that I was unsure of their sexuality. I've always just kept my feelings to myself, so I can say you will get over it eventually. Other cute boys will come along, I promise.

If you decide to go for it, I wish you the best of luck! You're more brave than I ever was. :slight_smile:

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Crushes are always seem devastating when you are going though one, huh? For that I empathize, and understand how much heartache you are probably going though right now.

Remember that just because you suspect this boy is not straight, that may not be the case; and also that even if he is gay he might not be ready to admit it.

The best medicine for a swollen heart is time. Try and concentrate on moving on, and give it time. Perhaps even try the impossible and come out to him. See how he reacts, and give him time. I dont know whether you will be boyfriends, but I do know that if he cares for you in any way (a friend) then he will be respectful. And you never know, I might be wrong, but you will never know unless you try, right?

With love,

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I want to second this.

Are you friends with him, or just acquaintances? If you are friends with him, then you might want to come out to him and seeing how he reacts. If not, you should try to reach out to him and become friends. While it is generally best to assume someone is straight, the fact is you never know until they tell you. You might get lucky and find a boyfriend, or you might just walk away with a good friend.