1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So here's the sitch...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicMan12, Apr 22, 2012.

1. MusicMan12

so to begin, I'm just going to rant for a second...

OMG THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES FOR ME TO COME OUT TO MY TWO BEST FRIENDS BUT EVERYTIME I'M ABOUT TO I CHOKE AND I JUST CAN'T SPIT IT OUT!!! WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE TO COURAGE TO SAY "I'M GAY" ?????

Ok so now that that's off my chest, I need some advice. On multiple things actually. So I'm sure I'm going to forget something but here we go.

First, let me just say that I really really want to come out. But I just CAN'T. I know multiple people that will accept me, but there's also those few that I just don't know how they'd react. And to be honest, I wouldn't care if they weren't in my life anymore (since they're not really close to me) but what's stopping me is that I just can't stand to have someone hate me. (if that makes sense) I always try to be nice and I get really sad when I find out someone doesn't like me. So It's not like I'd be sad if these certain people didn't want to ever talk to me again, its just that I'll know that there are people out there that hate me. Is this a common issue. If it is, I would really love some advice on how to deal with it.

Second, I'm in college so if I came out one night over facebook or something, I would see EVERYONE the next day so needless to say it would be awkward. So, I was thinking maybe it would be better to just put something on facebook over the summer so that I won't have to see anyone for a couple months and maybe by that time the shock will have blown over. Anyone have advice on this? Would it be better just do it while I'm here and "tear off the band-aid" or do you think it would be wiser to do it over the summer?

That's all I remember right now, I KNOW there were other things I wanted advice on but I just can't remember. AAAGGgh I just want to come out!!!

Thanks in advance to everyone!!1
    (PS I 've told my parents about a year ago, but that's a different situation that I've talked about in a different post, so if you could keep your advice limited to friends that would be helpful!) :slight_smile:

2. BajanBoy13

First thing is.do you want EVERYONE to know? Why not just people you know and care about?Saves people nit liking you swell.

3. MusicMan12

well, in short, yes, I would like everyone to know. I mean, obviously it would be easier to just tell the people i'm close to, but based on the last thousand opportunities to do that, I just can't spit it out. So it would be easier just to type something and press enter haha

4. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I completely know what you're talking about with having a next-day-awkwardness type of thing going on...which is why I do think that it's a good idea to 'officially' come out during the summer- that's pretty much more or less what I've been planning to do, anyway!