1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I find a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Stefani, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Stefani

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is the question everyone asks. I am in the closet and I'll probably be out soon(i know eveyone will say once you come out you're more likely to find a bf). I live in a small town and there are not that many gay guys and the ones who are gay are really not my type. They're really feminine and I'm not into that and I'm really not that feminine myself (except for liking lady gaga haha) but I have standards and I don't want to date someone just because they're gay too. Does anybody have any tips on where I can could go besides lgbt events and programs. Or any advice on how to deal with the frustration of seeing all your friends with boyfriends and you not being able to have one. Thank you.

2. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This forum, third sticky thread, third item from the bottom of the list. I would post it as link except I don't know how.

3. October

I know what you mean. I read that sticky thread Farouche mentioned about finding relationships and it was really helpful, but it didn't address how to find relationships if there are literally no gay people to date in the first place. I also am from a small-ish town and the chances of befriending someone who is datable is 2nd to none. Sounds like the same predicament you're in. I understand too how you would like to meet someone somewhere other than lgbt programs. Especially since the only thing I have is a pflag at the only gay accepting church (one out of 50 million in my town) and I don't know anything about it.