1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just came out to 1st person i know!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Deaf Not Blind, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

i posted whole story on coming out stories if you want to read it.
    but i have a friend of a college friend who was flirting with me on fb tonight and i came out of the closet. i can't believe i spilled my guts. i took a chance. almost told two other gay friends of mine from my college, but they were busy. this is interesting now. what do i do next?

2. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awww yay that's awesome!! Now that you've taken the first huge step, you can just keep telling more people- it gets easier as you go along!

3. Deaf Not Blind

really? :icon_bigg
    I am so happy it gets easier! if it got harder i don't know how many more i could tell.

i wonder what made my heart say time to come out now?

it feels good to know one other person in the world knows exactly who i really am.

if only there was a 100% money back guarantee i would have such a positive outcome each telling, i would run and tell every person i know!

4. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I was definitely a wreck the first time around...took me like fifteen minutes of stuttering to get the words out of my mouth! And when you're ready, you're ready- like you said, your heart will tell you what to do and when to do it :slight_smile:

5. SkyDiver

You took the first step, and it only gets easier from here on! Congratulations!!

Just always be careful of who you'll tell and be prepared for anything.

6. Deaf Not Blind

thanks for sage advice. yeah i know some people could react very badly. i live in an area with a nearby gay community, which may make me not too unusual. but being NOT gay but transgender, this will make it hard to explain when i do tell.