1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panicking!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BajanBoy13, Apr 24, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

So I've accepted myself as gay and was thinking of telling one of my friends.But then I thought well what if I'm not gay,Im pretty sure I'm gay,just sometimes I get a wave of guilt? Idk what it is but I just feel bad for some reason I know that I want to be gay so maybe that's me reassuring myself who I am.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is how can I treasure myself? I know that when I look at a girl on the street I think nothing but if I see a guy I think,'wow' that means I'm gay right?

2. sanguine

my friend always jokes around when he says 'you think or you know?'

and i think that applies here and in many cases where some people think they may not be gay.
    when 'you think' your playing on the sideline compared to 'you know' which is you know the answer yourself but you through anything infront of it so that it isnt true.

its a question you have to answer yourself, and to be honest, it doesnt really matter if you end up with a guy or a girl, if it happens it happens, just be true to yourself so you dont end up ruining some other poor persons feelings.

3. super confused

I sort of had that issue. I thought I was gay, and I told a few people, and then someone made me realize that I'm bisexual. It was a little weird to come out a second time, but that's the worst that happened. And you shouldn't feel guilty. Something I used to do when I didn't like myself very much is I would stand in front of a mirror and list all of the things that I like about myself. And it doesn't hurt to lay the compliments on thick. It feels a little silly at first, but it helps. Also, LITERALLY give yourself a hug... everyday... multiple times a day. Just do it.

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Simple question really.

Are you sexually attracted to men? Do you think about them while masturbating? Do you get aroused when you see a hot guy? Same question but with girls.

If yes to the first - Gay, if yes to the second - Straight, if yes to both - Bisexual/Pansexual.

To be honest in my experience people who ask this question really really don't want to be gay, so they cling to the hope that they aren't.

5. BajanBoy13

No its not that I want to be gay,but sometimes I just over think myself and second guess my brain.

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2012 at 06:13 PM ----------

My answer is yes to the first :slight_smile: