1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

now or later or never?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stumble along, Apr 24, 2012.

1. stumble along

So yeah no surprise my crush has only intensified in how much I want him. I noticed something today that is most likely negligible but still. When he talks to the majority of people he sounds rather monotonous but as soon as I show up he perks up immediately, stumbles for words, completely faces me, and talks really excitedly. It's kinda cute actually. He also loves to throw compliments at me (mostly the 'you are a genius' one ) and he always texts me good night.

Anyway, now that I just randomly described him let me get to the question, he is doing this show that hes been practicing for for a very long time, and the last showing is on Saturday, I've told him ill go (also because I'm actually interented in seeing it) and I don't know whether to tell him i like him before the shows end ( I don't want to mess him up with thinking and what not), after the shows end, or just not tell him ( but I kinda do because well, yolo)

And if I do should I tell him on Skype, text, phone, or in person?

2. cscipio

If you tell him at all - do it after the show, in my opinion. Does he know you're bi? I hate to say it, but chances are he's not into guys (the way you described him implies you're not sure). If you analyze a guy long enough you'll convince yourself there's a gay trait you can capitalize on - most of the time, you're just fooling yourself. The only real way to know is to ask and even then some may not admit it anyhow.

Ask him in a way that is comfortable to you. Personally, I'd do it in person.

3. Zach93

Zach93 Guest

From what it sounds, from my perspective, it seems he may like you, but you will never know if you don't step up and take the chance of finding out. Tell him after the show in person, never do it through internet or phone.

4. stumble along

Yeah I know that the odds are against me, i really wish I had a better chance but its more for me not keeping secrets to friends than it is for me getting a boyfriend. I mean even if he does like me and we get together I'm really not the best person to date right now ( though to be honest thinga would be going much better if I have some sort of motivator) plus I'm not comfortable with anything farther than kissing ( maybe not even that) just because I'm strict like that.

5. IvoryKate

I say go for it! :slight_smile: I'm in a take-life-my-the-horns kind of mood, because I just told the girl I love how much I love her and it worked out great for me! It definitely took away all the frustrated feelings that come from not knowing.

In terms of what method to use, I vote in person, but if you don't think you can handle that, then do whatever you're comfortable with.

Hey, and don't let any thoughts about you not being a good person to date stop you!! There's nothing wrong with being uncomfortable with certain types of physical affection. I think being strict in your dating is admirable. :slight_smile:

6. stumble along

Well, Saturday came and went, and the show was awesome. I told myself I needed to tell him the week after and I figured I could do it today, so I did, before I post what happened completely, I'm just gonna do the short n sweet version.

He said he's not 'you know' and the he has a girlfriend

I only came out to him I didn't tell him I liked him, that train of thought flew out the window with everything else I wanted to talk about today because I was so nervous.

Oh and he thinks it was really brave of me to tell him, so he's ok with it and we can still be friends.
    The whoke story (and backstory) ill post once I get the computer.

Overall I'm fine, I'm no longer completely infatuated with him, but I still need to tell him I had feelings for him and that I know it will never happen but I just needed to do it for my sake and i really just want to stay friends, I'm sure ill never completely get over him but that won't matter, and I'm just bracing myself for the enhanced depression and loneliness right now.

7. Lad123

Aww what a shame! From your first post I was sure he was gay and liked you but he was just being friendly in the end. Oh well, congrats on another common straight crush we tend to get :eusa_doh: