1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Crush!! :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChutneyFarmer, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ChutneyFarmer

Hi guys, here's my dilemma -

There's a rumour going round school that a certain girl fancies me. People keep on asking me if I feel the same, telling me that I should act on this because she's "a catch." The thing is that I'm now quite secure in my (homo)sexuality, but still in the closet.

If I were straight I'm sure I'd find her attractive, but I'm not and I don't know how to fob everyone off. Will it be an obvious sign to everyone that I'm gay if I turn down someone who to a straight guy or lesbian would be very attractive, funny and smart?

What should I do????

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

2. Lewnatic

I don't think that will make people think you're gay. Girls always fob guys off so why can't guys fob girls off!?

3. October

Saying no to her won't make people think you're gay.

4. greeneyes

Agreed. Just because someone is interested in you doesn't mean you're interested in them.

And if it's this public I feel like anyone (regardless of sexuality) would feel uncomfortable. I don't know if I would like someone who fancied me from afar and everyone knew about it and he/she didn't just have the confidence to ask me out. In high school people have unrequited crushes all the time.

5. insidehappy

ignore it. people like guys that are mysterious and they can't figure out. if some guys ask you "hey how come you're not hitting on Becky". just say you're keepin all your options open and just chilling. nobody is gonna think you're gay if you dont like her. do not date her just cuz other people want you to. its just a rumor anyway. if her friends say she likes you, just say "oh ok cool" and leave it at that. if they ask "how come you're not talking to her, you can just say "hey im cool plus i do not get into rumors." if she comes up and tells you that she likes you, you cna just be nice to hear but you do not have to engage her in conversation. also, like the person above me said, even if you were straight, the fact that all these rumors are flyign around and everyone is in your business about this would be a turn off to me. so if anyone asked me i would just say she nice but its too much gossip and he say/she say about this already so i'm not interested. i do not think anyone would not agree with that.

but keep in mind that you can't control what people think or say. there were some girls that liked me and i was not inrested so they started wondering if i was gay because of that and it got back to me from someone else lol. ummmm no, you do not have to be gay because you do not like a girl. sometimes straight girls have to start these little rumors to make theirselves feel better when a guy is not intersted. the guy is not intersted usually because the girl is a pest or annoying and not because he is gay.

#5 insidehappy, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  6. julia

I wouldn't worry, no one's going to assume you're gay just because you turn down a girl. You can either say she's not your type or you just aren't looking for a relationship right now. Good luck!

7. ChutneyFarmer

Thanks everyone :wink:

8. Mad Man L

I'm going to come in here with the heterosexual male angle here, and I would say that I'd be surprised if you did reject someone, and there may be some short-term suspicions that you're gay. But nothing really long term.