1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Live

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brandford, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Brandford

Not really looking for advice or anything but considering everything I thought this place would be the best place to put it. Does anyone know of any like programs for people who are expected to be homeless? I'd rather not explain the situation or anything I just thought it would be a good idea to ask here. At the moment I'm in New York if you need some narrowing down. Google isn't really helping too much at the moment. Thanks for all and any replies.

2. Jim1454

Well I'm not sure why you'd say Google isn't helping. I googled 'services for the homeless in New York city' and the first listing was the New York City Department of Homeless Services.

NYC Department of Homeless Services

It has different sections - homeless now? at risk? etc. Have you been in touch with them?

Their phone number is 212-361-8000 and their street address appears to be 33 Beaver Street, 17th Floor.

Hope that helps...

3. Brandford

Ah I think I looked there but nothing they can really do but after i posted this i did find two places to try calling and I'll try there and where ever else i guess