1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Such a complicated situation...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shane1503, Apr 26, 2012.

1. shane1503

shane1503 Guest

So, this is probably going to take a while to explain everything - but I hope you bear with me and try to help :slight_smile:

Well, this whole thing started last year, when I met this girl. When we met she had this girlfriend but I still had a crush on her and she flirted with me.
    Then she broke up with her girlfriend and then we became a couple. A month later she cheated on me with her ex girlfriend - I forgave her but she stayed in contact with her even though she knew I didn't want that. Two months after that she broke up with me but we still had sexual relations for the following four month (I know -.-).
    Then we had this big fight and didn't talk for a month - during this month her old girlfriend moved back in with her and they became a couple again...
    Somehow we managed to become friend again - but only secret friends because her girlfriend didn't want her seeing me.
    She kept telling me that she was still in love with me but she loved her girlfriend more... Not to drag this out be we started having a secret affair. It lasted till this febuary, so about five months.
    Then she a of a sudden stopped texting me and avoiding me at work. I confronted her and wanted to know what was a matter - she told me, she wanted to make it work with her girlfriend an that she couldn't be around me anymore because I was only causing her problems.. I accepted that because I wasn't feeling great being a secret lover anyway - I just couldn't break it off myself...

Anyway, she told me that we'll be friends but she completly ignored me for weeks. I still have feeling for her so naturally eveytime she talked about her girlfriend with someone I wasn't very happy. She kept telling me to stop making such a fuss.
    Now, last week she told me that I have to let her go...

And now, today she talked to me again and said that she knows that I still love her and that she still thinks about me and that she misses me and that everytime she sees me she just wants to kiss me and that if it doesn't work between her and her gf that she would come back to me BUT she's still going to avoid me at work because she has to. Because she doesn't want to lie to her girlfriend about talking to me. AND I'm not allowed to go out with her best friend for a night out because he's HER friend and she doesn't want me to talk to him about her. And she was flirting with me again - she knows exactly what buttons to push with me...

So, I don't really know what to do now... I don't really want to let her go because she kept telling me that she would come back to me... Or am I just being a sucker?^^
    I think I need some uninvolved opinions ^^

2. Banu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should think about your own self a little. I mean, this other girl is choosing between you and her previous-current girlfriend, and is keeping you as Plan B. She sets the rules herself. All the time. Don't you feel like you also should have a say in this situation?
    Of course she doesn't want to let you go. Who would want to let go of someone attractive, and affectionate? But she has to make a choice. She is not treating you well.
    I know how you feel, my girlfriend was doing something similar to me. At some point it was just enough humiliation and self-pity, I just decided she doesn't deserve me. Do you really need someone who is half-there? or doesn't really want to be there?
    Cutting all contact with her, will make her want you back .So, in any case my advice is - start distancing yourself from her. It will either get her back, or make her go away. If she's back - you know she really likes you a lot. If not - you didn't mean anything to her.

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

You should let her go. She says she would go back to you if things don't work out with her current girlfriend, but she isn't treating you with the respect you deserve. She's being manipulative and taking your love for her for granted. That's not the kind of person you want to be in a relationship with, even if she did come back to you. Someday the two of you may be able to be friends again, but right now you need to distance yourself from her as much as possible.

Also, she does not have the right to deny you access to a mutual friend. Whether or not you hang out with him is something for you and him to decide, not her.

4. lilbitlost

Shes not worth it, if thats how shes treated you already it wouldnt matter if you got back together with her, because she'd just keep doing it. Kick her to the curb and find yourself a woman who wants to be with you and only you!