1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by simon94, Apr 26, 2012.

1. simon94

Hello. I really have no clue to how meet guys. I'm pretty much the only gay person any of my friends know, so meeting guys through other people isn't an option really. I was hoping to go to uni and meet guys that way (through an LGBT society or something), but I didn't get the grades I wanted and I'm not going. A knock on effect of this is that msot of my friends are leaving next year, and I'll be mostly on my own- and I'm very shy when it comes to talking to new people.

Anyway I can't really think of any way to meet other guys- any advice?

2. Drakey

yeah I pretty much have the same problem :/ no guys to meet, but the ones I do meet who are gay really don't want me. we're in the same boat here >.<
    try going to a local college and checking out their gay straight alliance club! that's a great way to meet people!

3. simon94

Well I'm not going to university next year (which I think is what you would call college)- so It won't be an option sadly :/

4. SkyDiver

Are there any LGBT centers where you live? Or any near? Maybe some young adult groups geared towards LGBT people?

This calls for Google. :slight_smile:

5. simon94

I have used google and there doesn't seem to be an awful lot in my area- after a little more googling, it appears there is an LGBT centre in Leicester (which is fairly close). I'm not exactly sure I'd be comfortable turning up in a strange situation entirely alone and a fair way from home though :/.

However it is interesting to know it's there.

6. xalex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    maybe online sites where you can look for other gay people near the place you live? I am not saying they are great at it can be risky so you must be careful, but it could indeed help you meet up with someone who is also gay!