1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend's thinking of transferring?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Foxywolf, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Foxywolf

Hello my friends, I am in a muddle right now. My only friend in college, is thinking of transferring to a college far away from the one we are at right now. I am really torn up about it and really really sad and upset.
    It's bad.
    She tells me that she just doesn't like this college that much, she doesn't really like the atmosphere. She really likes this one organization we are in though, its a community service organization. She also says that she got a lot happier once she met me.
    Now one day she told me that she's, "Probably not transferring, like 90% sure, but keep it in the back of my mind that she still might transfer.
    But then just the other day she like changed her mind and it's up in the air again. She told me that some days she is sure she won't transfer and other days she is sure she will. But it keeps changing. I am not sure when the deadline she has to decide by is, but it's really stressing me out and I really don't know what I would do if she left. She really is the ONLY friend I have at college.
    I don't want to force her to stay if she is unhappy, but I really am breaking down inside. I'm sitting in the study lounge crying my eyes out right now.
    I can't handle it.
    I don't know what to do.
    I don't really know what I'm asking right now I'm just a mess, I don't know if I could survive if she left, before I met her I was super depressed and alone.
    People keep telling me, "If she hasn't decided by now then she is probably not transferring," but I don't know what to think.
    What do you think will happen, any advice?

2. TheGreyMan

I'd definitely talk to her about it. Maybe be supportive about her decision whatever it is as a friend, as well and if she does transfer, talk to her long distance a bunch.

Plus, maybe you could try to find some others out there, too. I'm sure there's people who'd you be good friends with at an entire college.

3. Foxywolf

The thing is see I am really shy and I don't make friends easily, me and her just clicked. There was just something there that really fit well, she's the best friend I have ever had. I have talked to her about it, and I told her that it is her decision to make and I really want her to stay but I want her to be happy wherever she is.

4. TheGreyMan

I understand that - I've had relatively bad shyness for the majority of my time.

Whatever does happen, I wish you well.

5. Foxywolf

Thanks I really appreciate it, I normally talk to her when I'm upset, but it makes her upset if I talk about this. So I feel bad and really have no one to turn to. So I appreciate the support :slight_smile:

6. TheGreyMan

You're very welcome.

7. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Making another friend or two would probably help, whether or not she leaves. I'm another fairly shy person, but I think even the shyest of us need a few friends, not just one. No pressure, just a suggestion.

8. Foxywolf

Ahaha I know it's true, I should work on that, but it's hard :/

9. Deaf Not Blind

Women who can't make up their mind, they don't know how much hurt they do. I don't get it.