1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to put it just right...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by super confused, Apr 28, 2012.

1. super confused

So, most of my problems are over. I posted a big long tirade a few days ago on the ranting thread, and the problem has been taken care of. And now my master-plan is back on track. However, part of my master-plan is coming out to the rest of my family before I enlist in the military (just in case) because I want to be right on the front lines; I want to really do something. But I'm not really sure how to do it... I really don't want to sit everyone down and tell them like it's this huge news. And I don't want to tell them by introducing my girlfriend, either (I'm not saying that I have a girlfriend yet, but... you get the picture). I'm pretty sure that I don't give of a bisexual vibe, so I don't think any of them are going to ask. Should I wear a rainbow bracelet that says "bi pride" on it?? Or just tell each person when I tell them that I'm enlisting so that me being bi won't seem like such a big deal? I know I'm not going to write it in a letter from boot camp or something, it's just not my style...

Sorry that was kind of long, but I'm just not sure how to do it. I know that my family will still love and accept me, so that's a non-issue. I just don't know how to put it.

Long story short: how do I tell the rest of my family that I'm bi?

2. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's not a big deal, you're not trying to make it a big deal, so just tell them the same way you'd tell them about other things that are going on in your life. Telling each person about your bisexuality and your decision to enlist at the same time sounds like a good plan, if you expect them to be okay with both of those. If you expect them to be upset, them tell them one thing at a time to give them a chance to deal with it.