1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating to Relationship Question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by higby442, Apr 30, 2012.

1. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone, was wondering if I could get some advice or opinions on a situation I have going on. I have been dating a guy I met on an online dating service. We started communicating via email 2 months ago, and have been dating in person for a month and a half. Things have been going well. We live in the same city, we both have busy schedules and see eachother one or two times a week on the weekends.

One of the things that is great is that from the first time we met, we were both very open with eachother about what we were looking for etc.

Well, I'm at a crossroads. I don't want to have that converstion of "lets make this a relationship". I do want to be honest and say something like "hey, just wanted to tell you, I'm having a really good time and am looking forward to continuing getting to know you". We both want to move slow, and I know he gets a little freaked out by some stuff like that so I want to be sensitive and not scare him away. But, at the same time, its been a month and a half and I dont want him to think I'm in limbo.

Any advice? I just want to let him know I'm happy and things are good, and that it doesnt mean we have to change status and or speed things up. I just want him to know I'm happy.

Any feedback would be really great!

2. Jim1454

I have an idea... why don't you tell him something like "I just want to let him you know I'm happy and things are good, and that it doesnt mean we have to change status and or speed things up. I just want him you to know I'm happy."

Does that sound familiar? :icon_wink

3. higby442

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much for your response, I ended up using it. Unfortunately, I was being cheated on and found out right after I used it. I feel so horrible right now. I'm going to be ok, but I'm tired of being treated like crap. I've bee used a few times now and I sometimes think, why bother being a nice caring person? But I'm proud of who I am and I would never change myself. I know I will meet the right person at some point.

Thanks again for your response, It meant the world to me when I had no place else to turn.