1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll never be able to come out to her... :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mej7, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today, my friend Beth and I were talking with our other friends...
    and, as usuall, someone in the group brought the subject to boys- why must they always talk about boys?!!!- and, once again, they pointed out the fact that I don't have a boyfriend. My friend Cass (who knows I'm bi) said that she doesn't think I want one (when they said they were goin to find me one), and of course I agreed. I'm sick of guys, and I prefer girls anyways...
    Well, long story short, Beth got offensive. She said "if you don't want a guy, what do you want- should we be worried about you, McKayllif?!!"
    My oth. friends spoke up for themselves saying that they wouldn't care, even if she did.
    I just got rly uncomfortable (it was probably a lil obvious, actually), and Cass told Beth that sometimes, she can be rly offensive...
    and, i think she might have talked to her later about it...
    But, I realized that if I ever come out to the others, I still wont be able to come out to her...
    and I feel terrible about it. :frowning2: I need some motivation and maybe some advice...
    thx in advance:slight_smile:

2. secretguyX

Don't get down on yourself for it, coming out is far from easy. But it's well worth it! Yeah, there's a chance someone may be awkward about it. But it'd still be less awkward then a conversation such as you had, and you'd feel better about it. But you'd be better telling each person individually, if you want to. Tell whomever you feel will make it easier first, and then move on from there. Really the only thing you can do is push yourself to say it, no one else can do it for you. Plus they may already be thinking that you're into girls, since the conversation you had. Good luck! :icon_bigg

3. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The greatest motivation is this:
    After you have told them, even if things don't go well, you will have lifted a huge weight of your shoulders. Believe me, I am in the process of coming out, I have only told two of my friends and I feel so much better!
    Living a lie and having to hide away is really hard. Really really hard, and you must have realised that yourself by now. So just tell them. If it makes you feel better, when telling them cover your eyes to feel "safer" and say it. Then open them and brace yourself for the incoming reactions. That's what I did both times and I am planning to do it again if needed.
    In case someone doesn't accept it, well that's too bad, but you will have done what you ought to do.

4. sguyc

Ha, honestly I think you will be able to tell them soon. I think it can only help your relationships with your friends. And I think Beth will come around and maybe she did not mean for the comment to sound as offensive as it does.

5. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh! I was gone yesturday, and today Cass told me that they started talking about how upset I was about what Beth said. Taylor DOES suspect, and Beth and her are totally cool with LGBT ppl. sguyc, you're right! Thanks ev1 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: