1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no real feelings for my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BrittanaKliss, May 1, 2012.

1. BrittanaKliss

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So Ive been dating a guy for a couple weeks, only I havnt seen him since our school's last dance, until yesterday. Ive never really liked a guy before until i met him (I thought.) Ive mostly been constantly texting and calling him, but we also send hundreds of pictures a day. When he asked me out, I was obviously surprised since I already told him that Im bi. (I only told him that because I felt some strange connection with him that I had never felt with a guy before.) Making one of the worst decisions in my life, I said yes to him. We were texting one night playing questions, and for no real reason, I randomly asked him if he ever wished he were a girl. He said yes. He told me to keep it a secret, and that he loves cross-dressing when no one is around; it makes him feel herself. Thats when it clicked for me. The only reason I really agreed to date him was because I wasn't realizing that he isn't a girl. I don't want to date him if I just continue to imagine him as someone he isnt. Yesterday we were on an actual date, and I felt absolutely no connection to him, because he was right there. There was no hiding the fact that he is a guy, and in front of his friends, he acts like a total guy. I know he really likes me, but I don't know what to tell him because I am positive I will never like him back the same way. I am a lesbian with a boyfriend. Can I please get some advice on how to tell him whats wrong with that??

2. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be as honest with him as you can be- and don't leave him w/o giving a reason (that always sucks). Just say what you need to say. It will hurt, but you will be more regretful if you leave it all unsaid. Brake it all to him gently- or, atleast, as gentley as you can. And, maybe let him know that you are, after all, a lesbian- not bi. Also, for future reference, do not come out to anyone as bi unless you know you are bi, because if you do so, and then realize you are not bi, you only add to the misconception that all bi ppl are just gay ppl who can't fully accept their sexuality, which is obviously untrue. But, don't worry about that either- you prob. didn't know or didn't think of it...no harm done! thx :slight_smile: and goodluck! < 3

3. Sadepeura

Your situation sounds very familiar to me. And I completely agree with Mej7. Just be honest and try and be gentle.

In my situation I actually do like my boyfriend, although I have never liked another guy. It works because we are honest about everything. He still is sometimes worried that he's not good enough because he's not a girl.

But I completely understand your confusion. And although my situation is the other way around, I was cautious in the beginning, but then everything turned out alright, I am sure the solution is the same: you just have to be truthful of your feelings and tell him everything.