1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he into me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mattgtf, May 2, 2012.

1. Mattgtf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Guys-
    Obviously I'm new here, and I'm in the process of sharing my story and introduction, but I needed a bit of advice before I went further.

So, I met a guy online (yes i knowwww). And we seemingly hit it off. We've been talking here and there and on Sunday we went out for sushi. Had a great time, lots of chat and laughing, which to me is always a good thing. Last night, we met up after work and had a beer and dinner. Same as before, dinner, talking, laughing, etc.

We text here and there, but he's not always quick to respond. In conversation, there are some awkward pauses here and there, but we have a pretty good flow of conversation.

Both times, we stood in the parking lot and continued talking. Sunday night, I ended with a really awkward half hug. He said it wasn't awkward but it really was haha. Last night ER parted ways, and we were both standing close and yes, I wanted to kiss him good night but I don't want to scare him away.

Both times, afterwards, we'd shoot a text to the other letting them know we're home safe and sound, and a thanks for dinner and company. Last night he sent me a text "Thanks, it was really fun hanging out".

I'm really confused as to whether he's shy, just wants to be friends or is genuinely interested. His body language suggests he's into me, lots of eye contact, he kept 'playing footsies" under the table etc.

We're planning on going to Equality Forum on Sunday in Philly and are thinking about grabbing the train together.

He wants to see me again, but I'm really confused as to whether it's friends or he's actually interested. Any thoughts?

2. Jim1454

Sounds like he's interested if he's playing footsie under the table. Just shy. You might need to make the first move.

Welcome to EC!

3. Pain

Pain Guest

SOOOOOO TRUE! That's all too often the only thing holding people back-- fear from making the first move. He does sound interested! Someone's gotta take the initiative though if you want things to work out!
    Good luck!!!:icon_bigg

4. Aldrick

Ditto what the others have said. If he's playing footsie under the table, he's interested. You both seem like you're afraid to make the first move. Someone has got to be the first one to act; might as well be you.

5. Mattgtf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, yeah, that's probably pretty true. I guess I'm scared that I'll scare him away. :/

I'll have to see how this train ride goes on Sunday.

Any ideas on subtle first moves?

6. Pain

Pain Guest

If you're trying to be subtle, try sitting close to him :slight_smile: Light contact with your hands, making it seem incidental.... Eye contact and smiles!!! Even after a short bit of that, try holding his hand.
    Not sure if those would work for you, but they're what I like :slight_smile: haha

7. insidehappy

he is shy. he is waiting on you to be the alpha male. go in for it.

8. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What everyone else said. It sounds like he's into you, but shy. Just try to make the first move and see what happens! I foresee you having a boyfriend soon. :icon_wink

9. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He obviously is shy and waiting for you to make a move. At least this is what i do, lol. I'm not a first-to-make-a-move person and i always wait for the other person to do it.

so....i'd say go for it!