1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom's request...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MommaFrog, May 2, 2012.

1. MommaFrog

Mom is apparently finally realizing that I have serious issues and I can't handle them alone... she wants me to make a list of everything that is bothering me, stressing me out, hurting me... anything like that...

I have no idea where to start when my biggest issues are caused by her....

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would just tell her that then. I mean, she cares enough to want to hear what's bothering you, so she should care enough to want to hear exactly why, even if it's something she might not want to hear. Besides, you're an adult now, so she should be able to handle this. ^^

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah you have to write it honestly, just be a little tactful when you do it, so dont just write my Mother, write that feeling you have no support, or people at home picking on petty things when you are already stressed.

4. lilbitlost

Yeah try not to make it sound like an attack, otherwise you'll put her on the defensive. It is easier said than done.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think mix them in with other external issues that you have then it will be less obvious, at least this is a positive thing she is doing, she obviously loves and cares about you, she just sometimes doesnt do the right thing.

6. MommaFrog

Well i did it... And now she wants me to go to an in patient mental facility... And not for just a couple of days, but for like a month or more. This would take me out of my babys life durring that time, and i just cant do that. Dont get me wrong, i want help, but i wanna be home with my baby girl... She turns one later this month....

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you can compromise and go for a week or go a couple of days a week for month. I know its difficult and I commend you for the fact you want to be with your daughter no matter how bad you feel but perhaps its better to miss out on a month now and be better for her after that month, rather than carrying on until you completely break down and then ending up in their for 2 or 6 months.

Maybe you could discuss the matter with the mental facility you would go to, im sure they deal with matters like this, maybe you have have half day visits with her or something.

8. MommaFrog

I've agreed to go for a couple of days, im just so scared of my ex-husband finding out and trying to take my baby from me....

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally understand your concern, but hopefully as this was your Mothers idea she will help you through this period, perhaps you can suggest that you would like to keep it a secret between just the two of you and anyone else that absolutely needs to know.

10. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have you tried talking to a counsellor/therapist/psychologist on a regular basis, but staying home? I'd think that might be a better idea if you have a one-year-old to look after. Of course it depends on what you think you need.