1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not about LGBT but still needing help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mimerio, May 3, 2012.

1. Mimerio

Sad story ahead, don't read if easily saddened or grossed out.

Today, my mother and nan (grandmother) went to the vets for my cat, she hasn't been feeling very well over the last few months, so they prescribed her some tablets to take daily, she has an over-active thyroid it seems, but when we give her the tablets, she vomits them back up, so my father is going back tomorrow to see what could be done to help her, and we all fear that the "E Method" might be considered, How should I prepare myself for such news if this method is the only way? :frowning2:

E Method - Euthinasia

Thanks all, help is most appreciated.

2. Curly

(*hug*) I am so sorry to hear that. Sometimes there just isn't anything you can do and really feel for you dude. From what you say, she was obviously very loved. Try to remember the good things and be comforted that she isn't gonna suffer anymore. (*hug*)

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Losing a pet is never easy. I've had two cats die over the last couple years, one slowly over the course of many months, the other much more abruptly. If there really is no other way, then try to make the most of the time she has left -- play, cuddle, just spend time with her -- and cherish your memories of her. Think about how happy you were to have her, and how happy she must have been living in a loving home like yours.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry (*hug*)
    If you don't mind me asking, are you force feeding her the medicine or are you slipping it into her food? I worked for a vet for two years and I found out that some animals will vomit because they know your giving them pills. Really almost all tablets can be crushed and hidden in food.

5. Mimerio

They advised against crushing it, and we do have to force-feed, she won't go near her food if the pills are in there.

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know which ones but alot of pills can be crushed and have the same effect as if they weren't. The vet I worked for always said that people tend to panic about pill usage. If she isn't taking them and there is no other option then crushing it in wet food is better than nothing. I'm not a doctor so I don't know how medications work, but it is something to think about.

I had to help put down many animals in those two years and it was always hard for me because some people don't seem to care about their own pets. I don't want to give you bad advice and make you or your cat suffer but it is something to keep in mind.

Losing a pet is never easy, and if it comes to that, just know that you are doing what is best for them, even if it hurts yourself to do it (*hug*)

7. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am having the same issue with my cats, because they often get fungus and they need medication. If the pill is too big, then cut it into smaller pieces and stick them into something tasty. For example, put it inside several pieces of sausage, or anything that your cat would swallow right away. Just make sure the pieces are not too big so that your cat won't have too chew much, othrwise there is a high chance it will find the pill and spit it out. My cats go insane whenever we give them sausage, so they eat it right away without checking if there is anything inside it, so giving them pills becomes an easy task.
    Unless you mean that she actually vomits instead of spitting. In that case, I have no advice to give you :/

#7 Rice and Pepper, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. NickD

I can relate to this situation. I had to put down my 2 year old Boxer a couple years ago. He was such a sweet dog, but was just never healthy. His kidney's didn't work right and he always had aggression issues (probably because he was always in pain). It finally came to a head when he bit my mom in the face and she required reconstructive surgery. We had no choice. I was the last family member he saw before he was euthanized.

But fast forward to now. We adopted a new Boxer who was actually displaced by Hurricane Katrina. It's amazing, he possesses all of the positive qualities of the first Boxer with none of the baggage. I like to think he is the healthy incarnate of the first dog. It hurts more than anything at first, but time really does heal those wounds.

9. Mimerio

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news everyone, but Summer (my cat) was euthanised this afternoon, turns out she had various cancers and they thought it'd be for the best.

10. Aldrick

Mimerio -

I'm so sorry. I know what it feels like to lose a pet, it's like losing a family member. It is never easy, and it's like there is a huge hole and void in your life.

I don't really have any good advice because nothing I can say will make it better. I can only try and reach out and let you know you aren't alone.

(*hug*)