1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one get over something they never had?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aceofnoise23, May 4, 2012.

1. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there's this guy. He's perfect. He's thoughful and artistic and creative and beautiful and caring and kind and has the most perfect smile and his eyes to die for. I can't get over him. I liked him last summer before I got to know him because he was the onyl gay person I knew at the time. but now that's i've gotten to know him, I've completely fallen for him. I could just hold onto him forever. I cried over him last night, and I know there's no possibility of us ever dating so I need to get over him. But how? I can't keep him off my mind and I just want to lay in his arms and know what he's all about.

Excuse my melodramatics, I just really like him and not being able to have him hurts me. A lot.

2. BudderMC

Wait, why is there no possibility? He's gay. That means there is, just not necessarily right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Have you asked him out/does he know you feel?

Anyway, if you do want to get over him, the trinity for ending crushes seems to be:

1) Time
    2) Distance
    3) Find someone else to distract yourself with

I don't know much about your situation, so 1 and 2 might not work. But 3 is always an option!

3. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know because I told him how I felt over summer and he said he didn't like me and he's said on multiple occasions that he likes more masculine gays, which I am in no sense not. It'll probably be easier over summer since I like only see him in school but it just is present right now and it sucks.

And 3 is like impossible because there are very few gays in my area and if they do exist either a. i don't like them or b. they don't like me. but thanks for the response anyway :icon_bigg

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Try distracting yourself with some activity rather than another guy. Do things you like to do or things you want to learn more about, or find interesting new places to go over the summer or on weekends.

5. insidehappy

in life you are going to like people and a great deal of them will not like you back. it just how it is. there's no magic pill. accept that you can't and wont get him and move on to someone else or just focus on self betterment.

6. Chickzak

Try spending less time with him and I agree with Farouche, keep distracted with other activities when you find yourself thinking about him. xD I should probably follow my own advice, but I know its hard. Hopeeefully you'll get over him.. hopefully xD