1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone explain?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MommaFrog, May 4, 2012.

1. MommaFrog

So, I was (maybe am...) in a relationship with a guy "S"

Last thursday night we went out to a bar with his co-workers. He started calling me babe and hun. We both got DRUNK... I told him ((while drunk)) that I was starting to develop real feelings for him. We had sex ((not the first time, so it wasn't just cause we were drunk)) and he couldn't finish because he was so intoxicated. I spent the night there. We texted as normal all day friday.

I haven't heard a peep from him since. No response to my texts, no "Please leave me alone" nothing...

I sent him a message online asking him if he was ok and I know he's logged onto that website and therefore read it and still nothing...

WHY would someone do that? I just dont get it... Everything felt like it was going great... I kinda just wanna know what happened...

So, what happened? I'm assuming things are over, but... am I over-reacting?

HELP!!!!

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I would probably just leave him alone, let him come to you. If he doesn't have the decency or respect to respond to you then he's just going to string you along and think he can get away with anything.

I would say leave it a couple weeks and if still nothing consider it over, I know it sucks but it's not just your responsibility to get in touch.

All the best.

3. Flow

Theres a huge possibility of things.

You're not over-reacting. Just give him a couple days before really considering that it's over. Things happen, like people losing their phones and etc.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe he has become embarressed, I know it was a bit of a delayed reaction but it is still possible. Maybe he has some other issues, or perhaps he really is busy. If you dont want to wait and let him come to you then you could ring him and ask.

5. MommaFrog

If it was that he had just lost his phone he would have still seen the message I sent him online on a website we are both members of...

I checked the site and he's logged on since I sent the message and still nothing. He knows I get on a plane tomorrow morning and leave for a whole week and still nothing....

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa, wait a minute... am I interpreting the timing right? Because... if I read that right, at the time of this writing it's only saturday and he has only been MIA for one entire day.

That's... a bit too early to jump to conclusions about the end of the relationship, no?

Like it or not, sometimes people are in the mood for radio silence. Being in a relationship gives you more direct access, perhaps, but even then, you aren't siamese twins: it might be he's just not in the mood to reply, and is postponing it until he is.

So really, my advice would be to give it a day. Let him deal with whatever he needs to deal with, and then send him a short message if he hasn't gotten back to you. somewhat stressful, perhaps, but much more likely to get a positive reply than insisting on a reply every half hour.

7. MommaFrog

I ment the Thursday / Friday before... 4/26 and 4/27

8. Cymbrii

I share your frustration, I hate when I can't get into contact with someone... kinda eats at my insecurities :/

That said, there's a lot of things that could be going on with him. My advice would just be to back off, try to de-stress by keeping yourself occupied with other things, and leave him alone for a while. Sucks that he's not talking to you before you leave though.

Going forward from here really depends on what happens next - how long it takes before you hear from him again and what he tells you then. Taking whatever his future response is into account, you should consider whether it's good enough reason for him to have left you hanging for so long. Maybe not enough to warrant breaking up with him, but it's good to have in mind if something like this happens again.