1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Entirely Unfair~ (and far less serious than most stuff in here ;) )

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nykoru, May 5, 2012.

1. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I'm cool with myself. I identify fully as male.

But why must girl things be so pretty? I mean, seriously. I'm not out to my parents as trans, and I have one sister graduating and the other getting married this year. So I had to go dress/shoe/accessory shopping.

Oooooh the shoes -_- I ended up with a pair that are totally going to kill my feet (I've never done over 2-3 inches and these are.... six...) but they have a paint splatter effect in so many different colours.

And the whole time I was wearing them, I felt like I was in drag XD But you know, maybe that wouldn't be so bad, doing drag, even if I really am not that public and haven't had too much exposure to it all. I suppose I do have the body for it, in one sense :wink: On the other hand, it would really, really confuse my non-lgbt*-educated mother, and even the rest of my family might get a little hung up on it. The idea of someone biologically female who should be male but likes guys and dresses up as a girl from time to time? Might break something somewhere.

I dunno. I'm half-laughing at the moment, trying to sort this out, and I don't know exactly what I'm looking for in responses. It would be great to hear from someone who is trans and also does drag, if there happened to be someone around, but commiseration from other people who like pretty things but can't wear them is also welcome :wink:

As a side note, I'm thinking of taking my sister's use of shoes as decorations when not in use a step further - make them permanent art! These shoes are pretty close already XD

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this is odd to explain but I might look up a drag queen known as Sonique Love (her drag name). She was on RuPaul's Drag Race but she revealed at the reunion that she had begun transitioning but is still from my understanding, doing drag. So while she is identifying as a female who does drag, I still think she could help. I wish you luck, and trust me, while I'm a male and identify as a male, I myself am considering drag because you're like, women's clothing is far more expansive and beautiful than what men have...

3. Aldrick

Argguggghhh! I've often lamented over the fact that women have so many more fashion options than men. I'm a gay male, identify as a gay male; no desire to be a female or do drag. But that doesn't stop me from being jealous as hell.

Just watch some red carpet event like the Oscars. Look at all the fantastic and amazing variance between the women. Then look at the men. THEY ARE ALL WEARING THE SAME THING!

I mean, seriously. Why is it that men are so fucked over when it comes to individual style and fashion? Why do women get all the fun? So not fair. I hate women and their pretty things; I want pretty things too! :lol:

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg this. I wish that it was more socially acceptable for guys to have "pretty" things. I also really wanna wear pink and purple sometimes... But sometimes, one looks pretty conspicuous in the store shopping for those things.

Also, to the OP, I don't think it's problematic or weird at all to be into what is considered women's clothing. As you noted, it's a lot of nice stuff they have there... I think it depends on what the person wearing the clothes is trying to present. Sometimes, we're talking about trans folks passing. Other times, it's just drag. Still others, it's just a "softer" or "prettier" look. I don't think that clothes choices should have to be gendered, and ideally, they wouldn't be.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Like everyone mentioned already, you are just a guy who likes to do drag and likes female clothing! Nothing wrong with that :slight_smile:

It might confuse the fuck out of some people, but who cares? Do your thing, enjoy it and people will catch on. Your parents might not get it, but if they see that you are happy then they won't care too much about understanding the details.

6. silkfrog1292

OMG story of my life....i like lace, i like silk stockings and embroidered dresses, Hell i even like period clothing....but i'm a guy and identifies as a guy...FML i'm hopeless

7. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just gonna go with this...yes the generally sold women's clothing is more beautiful.where I find male clothing to be generally bland and boring. I do like to point out that you can buy a pair of men's van's and splatter paint on them. In my opinion if you don't like the way a piece of clothing looks fix it. It doesn't have to be drag to be awesome. It just has to suit your own personal taste.

8. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    The problem is that once I'm in dorm, flinging paint everywhere isn't exactly popular with the maintenance people :wink: