1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke off with someone on facebook today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fiddlemiddle, May 6, 2012.

1. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just broke off an relationship with someone on facebook today. I dont know how else to do so. I rarely see him and he lives too far away. Am I too mean to do it this way? We not really in an relationship and slept with him an few times but he thought it was more. I never felt that way.

2. dano22

dano22 Guest

I am sorry to hear this but honestly if I was him and cared about you I would be hurt and heartbroken to a certain point. I would of at least done it by phone instead and depending on what you exactly said he might be really hurt by it for awhile. I rejected guys before so I am not judging but that did seem kind of harsh.

3. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well he kept on sending me intimate stuff via phone and I just got to the point where I blew it and broke up with him on facebook as it was the last time he messaged me.

4. Ianthe

Wait, how exactly did you do this?

Did you just change your relationship status? Did you send him a message? Did you unfriend him altogether?

I think the best thing would have been to send a message first, and wait for a response before changing your relationship status.

Unfriending him completely, with no explanation, seems kind of cruel to me...

5. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I sent him an message. I thought about sending him an message via phone but I ignored several messages by it last and. I never had an relationship status that stated I was in in relationship with him, besides I had good reason to break it with him as even though I was not into him as he into me he was seeing someone else yet he told me I was Boyfriend number 1 in his opinion. That what caused me to send the last message to break it off him even though he kept on sending messages he is in love with me.

6. zeratul

zeratul Guest

Perhaps, but if he was really into you, maybe it's best to have him hate you rather than explain yourself fully. Sometimes, a temporary burst of hate is a lot easier to deal with than heartbreaking.

7. dano22

dano22 Guest

I can get where that can be annoying and I have cut people off like that before too so I don't blame you for doing that.

8. julia

Personally I think it is too mean to do it that way. Just because you never had feelings for him doesn't mean he doesn't and you just breaking up with him over facebook could be heartbreaking to him. At least talk to him first before breaking it off...

9. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I only stated I not after an relationship with anyone which is true. I also stalked the guy he is seeing and the guy he is seeing claims in his relationship status he is in in relationship with the guy I broke up with and that status has been there for months.

---------- Post added 7th May 2012 at 12:48 PM ----------

I sent him an private message and did not want the whole world to know.

10. Ianthe

If most of your recent contact with him has all been messages (by phone or facebook) then I think this is fine.

If you've been talking on the phone in person all the time, or anything like that, it would have been nicer to call and talk to him. But it sounds like all contact with him has been Facebook and texting, and a Facebook message is nicer than texting, in my opinion.

11. Deaf Not Blind

yep. hes a jerk. but on other hand, i was on receiving end a couple days ago. she beg me to make status with her name and relationship, refused when i offered complicated, though she and we are! 24 hrs later she pm me that she changed her mind, and removed my status! she said we not know each other long so this will hurt less. and, then, my heart twisted like an old rag. ugh. she still send me naked pix too!

if she and that guy got together, what a wacko sex crazed confused couple they'd be! ha!

12. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    the most recent contacts have been via SMS phone and facebook, he lives too far from me and over 1000 kms from me and not seen him face to face in some months. I feel that sending him an private facebook message would have been better than sending an SMS. we never talk on the phone.

---------- Post added 7th May 2012 at 01:08 PM ----------

Sorry about that. Anyway it best to stay clear of her if she that way.

13. sguyc

Don't people call anymore? Messeging someone something so personal like that is a little cold because they have no idea as to your motivations for the messege. And messeges can be misinterpreted. Just my opinion.

14. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    he is fine with that but he still wants to see and sleep with me and I just to the point where I dont want to do that anymore. How can I break of with him gently there?

15. dano22

dano22 Guest

Just simply cut him off completely and don't have contact with him. May sound harsh but its the only way for some people to get the hint that someone does not want to talk to them anymore.