1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Occulta Amor, May 6, 2012.

1. Occulta Amor

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have a huge crush on a girl in my English class. She's really pretty and smart and everything. We used to text alot, and at that time I sat opposite her. I used to stare at her alot, and sometimes I catch her looking at me. I'm not the best looking guy here, and it makes me wonder. Now, we don't really text anymore, but I still catch her looking at me, at least I think so. Whenever I turn to look at her, I see her turning away quickly, and this happens a few times, not just once. I just need help in general to talk to her again, and to make this relationship more than distance friendship. Thanks in advance!

2. SkyDiver

How about you just start texting her again? Initiate the conversation a few times and see if she starts doing that as well.

Also, talk to her in class! Quit being shy and get over there. :slight_smile: Get to know her more, ask questions, ask her if she wants to hang out after school.

As your friendship grows it will be clearer and clearer whether or not she feels the same way about you.

3. Occulta Amor

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I did start a few times, but I feel like I'm annoying her if I am the only one who always starts the texts. Also, I have no idea what to say :/ Same problem in class, if I had something to say, that didn't show that I like her too obviously, then I'd easily say it. I can't "quit being shy" haha, I am a shy person!

4. SkyDiver

If she enjoys talking to you then she definately won't be annoyed, and that will be your first clue that she would enjoy taking the relationship forward.

Do you have any mutual friends with her that you can talk to? Maybe they could help you with conversation starters?

Also, why don't you just ask her what her interests are and find out what you guys have in common?

When you said that you two texted alot before, how did that go? What did you talk about then?

5. Occulta Amor

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'll admit some of it was pretty awkward, but some were okay. We talked about school stuff, songs, and once we talked about who she liked. Mutual friends, yeah, but they're not really best friends with her, and its not the best idea to ask them. I don't really know if she exactly "enjoys" talking with, because I can't tell but she does respond.