1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this boy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danny19, May 7, 2012.

1. Danny19

hey guys. haven't been here in a while. Anyways, i met a guy. Not in a dating sense though.. Let me start from the beginning.

Last year i was being a bored loser and made a post on craigslist about meeting someone to date.. And i came upon this guy, lets call him D. So me and D started talking and we talked for around a month or so.. Anyways i ask him if we are going to meet and he says how he wants to lose weight before meeting and stuff so he wanted to wait more time.. I was okay with it but i didn't really care i just wanted to meet him. So i told him that i really wanted to meet him, so he came clean and told me that he met someone else and that he was sorry for wasting my time.. I was a bit upset because i liked him.. So i just got over it fast. Anyways a few days ago i was being a loser and posted on craigslist again but this time just to meet friends. So D comes up on my email. I open it and he is responding saying that we should hang out because he needs more guy friends and shit. So i email him asking him if he remembers we talked a while back. he said he does and that its awkward.lol.. Anyways So we start talking again.. I low-key start flirting with him and stuff. and then after one conversation he mentions he has a boyfriend. i was upset again but i got over it. We are still talking and i feel like i get mixed signals from him. Like he says he likes his boyfriend and all this crap, but then he is like he is a jerk and a douche sometimes so i flirt with him telling him he deserves better. Then he tells me how he hates when people flirt with him knowing he has a bf. He didn't mean me to be exact, but i feel like it was meant for me.. So we talk a lot and i don't get tired of it. Our personalities are pretty alike. and i kinda like him, which bothers me.. I don't know what to do. My crush isn't so big i can't get over him. I just wish he wouldn't send me these mixed texts. trying to confuse me.what do you guys think

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I think he is actually being pretty straight forward with you, but its harder to see since you are crushing on him. In simple terms, he likes the attention from multiple guys.

From what you said, and this is me guessing, he is probably talking to more people than you really know. Think about it. Before, when you two were talking, he was talking to various guys, he led you on before, and he is obviously on craigslist a lot even though he already has a relationship. Is this really someone who you want to be with?

I'm not saying he is a horrible guy or anything like that, but you should be careful if you decide going for him. The guy smells like a lot of drama, a lot of lies and a lot of mind games.

3. cscipio

I agree with TheEdend - the guy sounds like he'll be this way toward you and anyone he meets. If you're OK with that, great. If not, or if you're looking for something serious, I'd move on.