1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay aren't I

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bluedoc, May 7, 2012.

1. bluedoc

ive been coming out as 'not straight' as ive felt uncertain
    ive only been with guys, i had a boyfriend 3 months ago
    so i figured i was probably bi

but since i have accepted i like girls i have had no interest in or attraction to a single guy
    to be honest i have never been physically attracted to a guy, ive liked their mind/personality
    my ex boyfriend was an amazing friend but the chemistry never worked
    in fact every guy i have ever 'liked' all 3 of them have been my closest friends
    i think i just wanted to be attracted to SOMEONE so convinced myself i liked them, it was easy because i genuinely love some of them as friends

the only doubt i have is whether i can connect emotionally with girls, im terrible at trusting people

aside from that i think im lesbian
    i mean when i tell people im not straight and they say i'm bi i correct them because for some reason i dont think im bi, the word doesnt fit
    if i had to choose now someone to be with forever, id choose a girl, despite all the consequences because i think id be happier

am i crazy to dismiss all my history with guys and say im gay when ive never done anything with a girl?

2. Lewis

Firstly, I love the threads title and how you're asking us! Half of us can't work out our own sexuality xD

I don't think you need to have had any history with girls to know that you're gay, if you're really sexually attracted to girls and you know deep down that you could only have a meaningful relationship with a girl, you're probably gay.

I'd probably give it some time before you allocate yourself a label and just know for definite, but personally I would say that you are gay, if you've had no interest or attraction to a single guy since accepting you like girls.

Good look and I hope that everything becomes clear for you! :slight_smile:

3. Vesper

You're not crazy. Determining whether you're gay or bi does not depend on the relationships you had--it's about how you feel. If you don't feel sexually or physically attracted to guys, you're not bisexual, regardless of whether or not you had or hadn't had boyfriends before.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm, well it sounds like you could have just been trying really hard with your three guy friends. Or it's possible that you're a biromantic lesbian. I think it's the second one.