1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering HRT

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jordanm, May 9, 2012.

1. jordanm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've started the daunting task of considering HRT.. I'm trying to do the best research possible but for me trusting certain things on Google is kinda iffy. Any recommendations for the Los Angeles area? Any help would be amazing! :help:

2. 11 11 11

What sort of information is it you're seeking? General stuff relating to the possible effects of HRT? Or more specific info regarding where you can get access to it around the area you live in?

Trusting things on the internet isn't inherently flawed in some way, as long as you make sure you check the validity of your sources, which is what you should do with any information you gain anyway.

If you're living in Los Angeles, then you probably fall under the same sort of guidelines as the rest of the US which (off the top of my head) requires you to get diagnosed with GID before you can get access to HRT. Are you already seeing a counsellor / doctor / therapist well versed in gender issues? If not, that will be the first step.

If you've already done that and are just looking for information about places to actually physically get your hands on hormones to fill the perscription your doctor would have given you - then talking to your doctor/counsellor/therapist, would probably be the best way to find a nearby pharmacist.

Now if you don't have a doctor/counsellor/therapist - and are trying to self-medicate, then I'm afraid I can't really help you - and I would strongly caution you against trying to get access to hormones on your own. If you've done your research you'll know all about the potential harm HRT can do, and why a health professional and regular blood testing is a good idea.

I am assuming you've done your own research into all this, if you have or you havn't Transsexual Road Map would be my recommendation - as a place to start, a way to find a local health proffessional, or a way to find resources in your area.

#2 11 11 11, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  3. jordanm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh wow. That website really helps. I wonder why it didn't show up in Google? Thank you though! :slight_smile:

4. 11 11 11

A-A-Anytime :slight_smile: