1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering moving...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Atticus, May 9, 2012.

1. Atticus

I'm a sophomore at university right now, but I'm also a planner. I like to make plans years in advance. Lately, I've been really worried about where I'm living. My dog (Teddy) and I currently live in Mississippi, and while he likes it, I'm not much of a fan. I'd like to move to the Northeastern states, but I also really love Chicago. We'd also like to get a taste of vineyard estates in California, but that is probably not realistic right now. Anyway, I'm going into speech pathology, which means I can get a job just about anywhere.

We'd need a place that is
    • dog friendly
    • LGBT friendly (as I'd really like to not get fired because of the sock I wear in my pants)
    • not extremely hot in climate (I'm tired of ninety degree weather in April through October)
    • pit bull friendly
    • vegetarian friendly
    • (maybe also nudist friendly?)

Any ideas of places that fit these needs would be great. Teddy and I can live in apartments or in a house, but we'll work out the financial bit later. Right now, we're just looking for suggestions about where to go so we can get away from my rather conservative and thick parents. We need to get out of the Bible Belt, essentially.

2. Bree

South Western BC, Canada (Vancouver, Victoria, Salt Spring Island). I don't know if that's practical, though, sorry... I'm not to familiar with LGBTQ* climates throughout the States...
    I was going to say Toronto area, too, but Ontario isn't pit bull friendly.

3. Atticus

Thanks, Bree. We'd probably have to stay in the US just due to financial reasons and because I don't know how comfortable I am living so far away from my dad, but these are some cool places. Thanks for your input.