1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a sticky situation... ??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by byebyebirdie, May 9, 2012.

1. byebyebirdie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok, so i am bisexual. I recently made a new friend. Even more recently (two days ago) he told me that he too is bisexual. I think he told me because i kind of made it clear that i was pretty much ok with LBGT's. After he told me, i informed him that i am bi.

So i have a crush on him. Pretty big one. I kind of had it before i even knew he was bi, though there were some signs that he was, but when i found out the crush grew.

The problem lies in that he has a girlfriend... who currently lives .. far away. She is moving back to the area soon though. (His gf is a lesbian btw... idk how that works..)

So, i really do not want to interfere with his relationship, but i really do have a crush on him. I think he might be somewhat interested in me as well. Small signs...
    But morally, i might feel bad if i interfered with his current relationship. Unless of course its somewhat of an open relationship...

Idk, advice? should i tell him how i feel? im just not sure what to do at all.

2. alex1170

If his gf really is a lesbian, then I don't see that relationship going anywhere. Maybe you could ask him about how that works exactly. It doesn't seem like something that should be awkward asking about. Because honestly idk how that works either. I don't think many people know how that would work.

Then based on his answer you could go from there. If it is more of an open relationship, then maybe you could ask him about how he would feel about a relationship with another guy. Then, depending on how courageous you are feeling, you could send him signals that you are interested. Or you could just straight up ask him if he would ever be interested in a relationship with you. And if he says yes, you tell him how you feel about him.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Sexuality is a spectrum, it is something that is unique and different for all of us. It is when we understand and truly appreciate ourselves that our place on that spectrum becomes clear, this is why most people lean in one direction more then the other, is because that is who they have discovered in themselves. Your friend and his lesbian girlfriend, and perhaps even yourself, do not sound as if that place is completely clear. Maybe its best to wait, and get to know, love, and appreciate yourselves some more before you try anything.

Sending love,

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it's okay to tell him how you feel, you're just being honest and not really interfering with their relationship. You could make a point of telling him that you don't want to interfere or that you don't want him keeping secrets from his girlfriend.