1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I could really use some girl advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DFTBASarah, May 9, 2012.

1. DFTBASarah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So....there's this girl (isn't that usually how it goes). Her name is Lauren. I've been crazy about her for over a year now, I'm pretty sure I love her. She was the first girl I've ever fallen for and what made me start questioning my sexuality. But up until a few months ago, she was dating my best friend, Elliott. For a while I was so ashamed of myself for like my best friend's girlfriend and after they broke up, I still didn't want to date my best friend's ex. He's been very supportive in helping me sort out my questions though. I started talking to her a lot more but she just started dating someone else.
    It's killing me. It feels like my heart just rips a little more every single time I see her. Considering I'm only out to the two of them, it makes it a lot more difficult. I feel guilty talking to Elliott about it and I obviously can't talk to her. It hurts so bad, I can't take it. >_<

2. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hug (*hug*) in case that helps

Is she bisexual? If she were, would you know?

Why can't you talk to her about it? If she's okay with you being bisexual in the first place, she might be okay talking about how you feel.

The only advice I can offer is to find someone else you can come out to so you have another person to talk to. Parents are great if they're accepting of LGBTQ etc., older siblings or cousins can be helpful if you can trust them.

3. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there. I understand how you feel even though our situations are not exactly the same. I've been in love with my straight best friend for over six years now, and I'm only out to a couple people at my college (because they are not mutual friends with her). We used to be so extremely close; we'd spend all our time together, and when we weren't physically together, we'd be on the phone talking or texting. She has no idea how I feel, and I was just always her dependable friend, study buddy, etc. A couple years after I fell in love with her, she started talking to this guy...the biggest douche bag at our school. Then she went out with him and were on and off for years, and she started ignoring me as well. I was pushed aside because of him and other reasons that I'm not sure of, but it hurt me so bad I'm still in a depression four years later.

Well now that you know that you're not alone, back to you: You only have a few options of what you can do. One, if she accepts your sexuality, you can try confide in her more. Find out if maybe she is bi as well. If she is, you can take a big chance and tell her how you feel. If she's not, you can still take the chance. Sometimes it actually works out, but more often times it doesn't. Two, you have to get over her. Take your mind off her; find someone else to fall for...someone who's available and is open to dating girls. Three, you can continue to harbor secret feelings for her and stay sucked into this heartache that you're currently suffering from. I would suggest the second option. Believe me, the longer you drag this out and don't try to move on, the more it's going to hurt. I have been depressed for years, and things just get worse. Try to save yourself - swim to shore before you drown!

#3 musikk021, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  4. DFTBASarah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    She's pan actually (for the record, Elliott is too). She knows I've had a crush but I doubt she knows the extent of it. It's really hard to talk about with her because even though she's really sweet and supportive I'm 99% certain she doesn't like me that way.