1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding other gay men

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ididnknow, May 9, 2012.

1. Ididnknow

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Im a curious man looking into men and I see men that I am attracted to... even one of my close friends.... we jokingly do gay stuff and play around... but im not really playing that much lol.

But anyways, I dont really feel comfortable acting men that im intrested in are they gay.. or into men so whats a good way to find if another guy is intrested?

2. Ianthe

The number one easiest way to find out if someone is interested is to let them know that you are. (This is true even if you are both gay and out--just because someone likes men, he won't necessarily like you!) But it seems like you might not be quite ready for that yet.

Similarly, aside from asking directly, the best way to try to find out about somebody's sexual orientation is to be open about your own. Actually, this is necessary if you are going to ask directly anyway. Otherwise, it's rude.

My best suggestion is to consider coming out to the guy you like that you consider a "close friend."

3. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with lanthe, you've got to come out as gay/bi/curious before you can find out about the other guy.

4. LauraMarie

I agree and even if they arnt gay they may know someone that is and may be a good match to you! Thats how i found my gf:slight_smile: goodluck!