1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Willis, May 10, 2012.

1. Willis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in alittle bit of an awkward position tonight, I really want to come to my parents but I'm borrowing money from them the next day to stay the night with what they think is a friend (Shes a girl) but its to spend the night with my boyfriend. I'm worried if I tell them then they won't lend me money and its the last time I'll be able to see him for 3 weeks as his going away, I don't know if to do it now or when I come back. Also I have no idea how to do it, do I just pull my family aside as do it or just when my parents are in the same room mention I've been seeing someone :3

2. Jim1454

Well, I'm not sure I'd bother telling them now unless you're willing to come clean about everythign - i.e. where you're planning to go and why you need to borrow the money.

In terms of how to do it, that's up to you. It doesn't have to be any sort of grand announcement. The more heavy and ominous you make it the more heavy and ominous they will interpret your orientation as being.

You can do it at the same time as telling them that you're seeing someone, or you can tell them you're gay, and tell then you're seeing someone at a different time.

3. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What about telling your parents about your boyfriend while he's away? Do it soon, so they have some time to get used to the idea (and you have time to get used to their reaction) before next time you see him.
    Also I agree with Jim, be happy and relaxed about your orientation, because your parents are likely to follow your example.