1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Coming Out...Now What?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aielar, May 10, 2012.

1. Aielar

Okay, so I've been officially out for a while now (approximately seven months) and everyone who I want to know, knows about my sexuality. Which is all well and good, and they were all incredibly supportive about the time. But...now that I am out, my friends don't seem (and this is just my interpretation of the situation) to want to hear my side of things: like, if I'm crushing on a girl and I happen to say something about it, they appear uncomfortable and look away. The same doesn't hold true when I say I think so and so guy is attractive. I have no issues when they say who they are attracted to, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. I just want to be able to express my sexuality without my friends getting uncomfortable or weirded out.

So, I'm just uncertain of how I should bring this up with my friends who are doing it, or even if I should bring it up at all. If anyone has been in this situation before, thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks :slight_smile:

2. GayJay

My friends where pretty similar to this. The ones i spend most of my time with have gotten used to it and we even all joke. Their always saying 'hey i saw you looking at that girls body' (even if i weren't.)
    Some are still uncomfortable talking about it but as time goes on they will get used to it. Suppose yours are just the same.

3. RebelD

Maybe you can tell them that you have noticed that they seem uncomfortable when you talk about girls and that you would really like to talk about these things with them. If they understand that it is important for you, I'm sure they will try to be less awkward. That is what friends are for, right? To listen and support. Good luck and give it time, they'll come around..
    D