1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask this guy out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ukeye, May 10, 2012.

1. ukeye

ukeye Guest

Ok - so there is this barissta at the local cafe near where I work.. I have got a crush on him.. he only works some days, and the ones where I catch him, the brief chats we have leave me feeling elated. I like him quite a bit. I have introduced myself to him and make small chat where I can - problem is, he is in a busy role, so its hard to talk too much with him.

He is always super friendly too me, smiles a lot - he has told me hes dropped out of uni and was going to do psychology, which is exactly the same thing I have done.. he is pretty talkative with me and when I asked his name and introduced myself, he said it was a pleasure to meet me :slight_smile:. So I think he is keen.

So today I was driving past the cafe and he had knocked off, was walking along and texting, just as I drove past he looks up and I waved to him and he gave me a big smile and a wave.. it was really nice and kinda confirmed he might be keen and that I should make a move.

I have wanted to ask him out for a while now, but I guess nerves, being busy and not knowing how to go about it has stopped me.. Sometimes I take him down a coffee list for everyone, and I was thinking I could put my number on it.. but that seems kinda too keen and a bit creepy.. how should I go about this? Maybe I should use humour and say I would like to take him for a coffee one day rather than him making me one and see his reaction? Or just bite the bullet and make a time place?

2. Brenny

Don't worry and stress too much! Trust me. I have failed to even make half a move when all the signs were there and lost out. I think that you should go for it. He's at work so he probably feels like he shouldn't be hitting on customers. If it seems like he is interested, you really have nothing to lose in asking him on a date.

Your own suggestions were all quite cute and have a tiny bit of humor to them. I think that would be a sweet way to ask. Putting your number down would not be weird at all if he is interested. If your gut tells you he is interested, just go with it. Make a move. I personally wouldn't care much how a guy asks me on a date. If I like him and he asks, that's more than good enough.

3. mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The whole dating scene is all about taking that risk. Since you two seem to get on well, I suggest asking him to hang out; go out for a drink or something.

Whenever I get asked out or if I ask a guy out, it doesn't sound like a date. So the pressure of declining the person is taken out. If it's hanging out, it's suggesting a friendly thing and if the chemistry there, that friendly hang out could ultimately lead to a date in itself.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

This.