1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neverending frustration

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Megan3, May 11, 2012.

1. Megan3

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in the closet and I am no where near coming out. Not yet or any time soon. But I'm so frustrated. I hate lying to everyone and hiding this huge part of myself from the people closest to me. It gets more difficult every single day and I don't know what to do about it. I don't have anyone I can talk to about my sexuality. My parents are homophobic (especially my dad) and that adds to the fear of coming out. I really don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes I just want to scream.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you talk to some of your friends? If not there is probably a support group or councillor you could talk to at school, at least that way you would be able to get things off your chest.

3. jimL

Your 17. Are you going to college sometime soon? That's always a good place to start. It's tough when you feel you can't talk to anyone. I did that for many many years and it took it's toll on me. Try to find someone you can talk to. It really helps. Any resource centers near you?

4. Penn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you need someone to talk to I would be more than happy to listen, even if its just an online forum, I know it can help to just be able to get everything off of your chest.

I only truly came out within the last few years, and my girlfriend, only about a year ago, and it has been difficult.

However I am a firm believe that its going to be okay and its going to get better. So if you want to talk, just let me know :slight_smile:

5. Megan3

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've thought about that. Things are just difficult because my sister is gay so to everyone, I'm the "definitely straight sister of a lesbian". I'm contemplating going to my counselor about it though.

---------- Post added 13th May 2012 at 01:42 AM ----------

Actually, I'm already in college, but I'm still living at home. I can feel it taking its toll on me and my life right now which is why I reached out. No resource centers that I know of but I never thought to do an extensive search for one. Thanks

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think its tough being the 'straight sister of a lesbian' but you shouldnt let what your sister is or isnt affect your happiness. Could you talk to your sister about it, I mean she must have been through a time when she was coming out.

7. Ianthe

I agree it would definitely be a good idea to talk to your sister.

Also remember there is a genetic component to homosexuality, and the fact that your sister is a lesbian actually does make it more likely that you would be a lesbian or bisexual.

Are you in a christian school or something? Because otherwise, there should be support services through the school.

8. Lewis

I'm in the same position, doubt I'll be telling anyone anytime soon. It's actually suppressing other parts of me, my confidence is diminishing. I have people I could tell and talk to, but I can't bring myself to tell them.

I really wish I was one of those that came out at like, 13. I would have loved to have lived my teenage years and being able to be myself. It's actually horrible.