1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jdscbtw, May 11, 2012.

1. Jdscbtw

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well there is this guy I like and he is giving me mixed signals
    He doesn't know I'm curious and I don't know anything about his sexuality but like
    At times he can be really nice and come up to me and just sit next to me
    At times he starts up conversations for no reason a few days ago he came to sit next to me an asked me to "entertain him"
    Now other times he seems annoyed with me and one time he even came up to me and asked me what I was gonna bi*** about today
    I don't know if im paranoid or I'm looking into things too much but like I feel really confused and would enjoy some guidance thank you

2. Penn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it seems to me like he is certainly interested in being your friend, going out of his way to spend time with you like that.

However, I would have been rather hurt by him asking what I was going to bi*** about today. It seems to me that maybe while he wants to be friendly, he is not entirely sensitive to someone else's feelings and problems. Perhaps he just isn't that mature yet.

My advice would be to just not worry about does he LIKE me like me and just get to know him better as a friend. After all its always better to be someones friend before you become something more, it makes a good solid foundation, and insures that you know them well.

I hoped I was able to help, and good luck!

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Hi there, I can understand how there are probably a million things going through your head that are making you anxious and confused. Dont read into this to much. Perhaps he is just being nice, or needs a friend. Besides, either one of you are only going to be as ready as your make yourselves. Even if you were out, and he was not so open to the idea of being attracted to men, then there would be no way he would be interested in something that challenges that idea. Sexuality and sexual-preference are very different, you can be gay, and still have sex with women because you convince yourself that you like it (trust me, been there and have done that). Sexuality, however, is a spectrum. We all fall somewhere under that spectrum, and it is usually when we learn more about ourselves, and love ourselves, that our place on that spectrum becomes more clear.

Maybe, the most immediate thing you should work on is finding a way to love yourself. That means finding everything that is scary, or difficult about your sexuality, or the idea of being gay or whatever, and just observe it. What makes it scary, or shameful, or dirty? Deconstruct it, learn more about it, then learn to embrace and love it. When you are able to love what you perceive as imperfections in yourself, that is coming to a place of true acceptance. When you have gotten to that place, you will be in a better position to differentiate how people are acting towards you.

Sending love,

4. lemonlime

Whatever you do I'd advise against fooling around with guys who aren't out if either of you is at all intoxicated or if you don't trust the person. He may out you, deny that anything happened, accuse you of coming on to him (or worse, assaulting him). Play it safe and get to know the guy first.