1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Deaf Not Blind, May 12, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

i just bought more clothes in mens and boys depts at Ross.

I don't try them on, I usually can tell the right size now.

I came home and put the tshirt, jeans, belt, hat and hoody on.

wow!

i look like a teenage boy! i couldn't believe it. i bet id pass. only those who know me would know i am not male. i just looked at myself for like 10 minutes, not usually even take that long to get dressed! :grin:

i was just so suprized how much my body looks normal now! i don't have much curves when bust is flattened out. just a big butt. but, the shirt fits perfectly, and logo on it is so me, the patterns and colors of my hoody are very me. it is just too perfect! this is how i should have looked IF i had been born in male body. i just had to tell someone. i look HANDSOME, CUTE and NOT in a girly way at all! i am so happy! i don't think i am brave enough to go out like this. but i am going to wear it at home and feel normal, good, at peace. yeaaaaa!:icon_bigg

2. Eleanor Rigby

That's great :slight_smile: I'm happy for you.

3. Deaf Not Blind

Even better...I have not went to sleep yet because I just found out i am full member and went to chat! :slight_smile:

And best thing of all?

I wanted to tell someone i look like a cute guy, and the person who responds is a straight female, from France! Yeah!!!!

:grin: You make my night! (i would kiss your cheek if i could):kiss:

Have a good day!!!!
    I go sleep happy dreams now. :sleep:

4. 11 11 11

Good to hear you're having success DNB :3

5. TheTwoOfUs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Congratulations!! :slight_smile: Sounds like a good day.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! I remember how I felt when I first started dressing like I feel. It really is a freeing feeling not having to wear what society expects you to wear.

7. Deaf Not Blind

I did wear my binder under that shirt, my hoody and mens cut off yellow cords today to class and on bus, nobody say nothing. i am glad i can be brave enough to try being me more now.

What did you feel like before trying it? Nervous?

8. Curly

I'm not trans and I don't exactly try to pass, but I dress masculine. I did the same thing as you. I just wore the stuff at home and then it progressed to places around my home people don't know me ... Then eventually little changes little by little among my friends and at work.

9. Deaf Not Blind

10. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :grin:

11. aeva

Horray!! Congratulations, that is amazing!

12. Derpette

It put a smile on my face while I read it, I'm really happy for you! :slight_smile:

13. PakiGay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    +1

14. super confused

That is so excellent! I'm happy for you. :slight_smile:

15. Deaf Not Blind

Thanks so much for your time to say congrats.

update today i wore all mens clothes to school with binder on AND my packer! nobody stared or commented just usual, same on bus and in the store. Except i needed restroom, an older lady coming out as i was going in said "oh excuse me sir, uh.." :/ kinda strange huh...

16. RocketJim

I've been wearing guy's clothes for about ten years now and, other than my mom, I've only heard one person say anything offensive. It was more rude than anything and on the bus to high school, but ya know, kids are jerks sometimes. So keep at it if it makes you comfortable. People probably don't care as much as we convince ourselves they do.

17. Deaf Not Blind

i agree. it is a fact that people judge themselves more harshly than others and so is likely we also fear judgement more than we will get.

i can no longer wear female articles of clothing. i wear exclusively mens and boys items and binder daily. i debated going to church in my packer and decided not yet. it was painful to my heart to leave it home.

i have in past growing up worn stuff to make my chest flatter and boys/mens things like a tie or tshirt, and watches and wallets, but never 100%. idc if anyone does ever comment, i would not like it, but i can't put on female stuff and be drag! let the girls do it! it felt so fake last time i put on a pink and white shirt with my other mens stuff to tone it down, like again i was a man in girlswear and felt silly. it is just clothes, but i can't feel anything but silly or akward or a faker in ladies apparel, it is just not right. in mens stuff, nothing...i feel nothing...just clothes that are what i like, you know, my colors and style the fit i prefer. i just keep scouring the stores like Ross on weekends for just one more shirt or pants to transition in, and only buy if it fits me right. I am a small mens tshirt, and a 32 x 30 jeans. i have tight and boot cut now, and solid muted yellow cut offs and 2 blue/black/white shorts. for shirts i have 4 options now, i got for winter at school 2 mens ski socks as it is cold in DC and these are cool, and 3 pairs of Diesel mens briefs that are bright colors that from a distance could maybe pass for females kind. I hope for a full suitcase of nice mens stuff for August when i fly to my new school. I plan to join the LGBTQ group there. I can't here as it is same time as my class. There is a gay pride parade and weekend event in June, I am thinking about accidentally being in town. :wink:

Any more ideas of next things I can do?