1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I kind of met someone - now what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bluedoc, May 14, 2012.

1. bluedoc

Part of me is terrified

so ANY advice about anything to do with girls would be great

we've swapped numbers and are chatting on fb a bit, met her at a union night a week ago and she's amazing.

kind of worried that she's 21 and i'm not yet 19 and just out, i really like her but im worried she won't be too keen on it :/

thanks

2. Jon56

Just be yourself =) seems like its got you this far or else she wouldn't have given you her number or talked to you over FB

You won't want to modify how you act too much because then they aren't getting to know you, but the you that you think they want to know...if that makes sense.

Keep us updated though =D

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree if she wasnt at all interested then she wouldnt have given you her number or be chatting to you. why dont you ask her to hang out sometime.

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just let her know that you want to spend some time with her, maybe suggest something you could do together or ask what she'd like to do.

The age difference isn't a problem as long as she treats you well. If she were bossing you around, it would be a problem.

5. timo

I wouldn't worry too much about the age difference if I were you :slight_smile: I'm crushing on a guy 3 years younger than me, and in my group of friends a lot of them have a 2-3 yr age difference in their relationship, one couple are even 6 years apart (21 - 27).

As for the rest I completely agree with the others, she wouldn't have given you her number if she wasn't interested. I know it sounds easier than it is but you should call/text her and ask to hang out some time. GO FOR IT and keep us updated! :icon_bigg