1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this make me pansexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maxis, May 16, 2012.

1. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have litteraly changed my label from straight to bisexual to biromantic lesbian to panromantic lesbian and I'm getting tired of it, but I still need clarification. I probably won't change my label anyway, pansexual doesn't seem right for me.

I'm going to make this short and simple, I just need a quick question answered. If I'll have sex with a trans woman who's all ready transitioned, but not with a man or with a hermaphrodite etc. etc., does this make me pansexual or lesbian?

Or is it one of those cases where I can choose the label and stick with it? :3

I'm most likely not going to change my label, because pansexual doesn't sound right for me, but I was just curious. ^^

2. Ianthe

I would say you are a lesbian, especially if your requirement that the trans woman be post-transition is something to do with her having apparently female physical features.

3. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah okay, thanks ^^ makes more sense the way you said it. Haha sorry just needed a bit of education xx

4. super confused

Here's what worked for me: write it down. Everything. Everything you would do with a guy, sexually (even if the answer is 'nothing', still write it), then write what you'd do with a girl, also with a trans person (MtF and FtM); write down what attributes you find most appealing in both genders (and trans); and write down how you feel when you picture yourself married to/in love with both genders (and trans). If you really want to get fancy with it, add gender neutral, androgynous, third gender, and gender fluid to the list.

Then you've got something tangible. You can hold it in your hand and say, "this is what I am." And if you feel the need to label yourself, match what you wrote to a definition.

After I did this (and got a little explanation from some helpful ECers) I came to the conclusion that I am: Gay, panromantic, and physically attracted to both genders.