1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orientation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by silas123, May 16, 2012.

1. silas123

Hey, I'm new to this website. But, that's irrelevant. I have a question for all of you. At the moment I'm kind of confused by my own orientation. Sexually, I am attracted to both genders, but emotionally (like relationship wise) only girls. I could not see myself ever in a relationship with another guy. So basically I'm wondering what that would be called? Like straight up bisexual? Or curious? Or what? Thanks, guys.

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hetero-romantic bisexual maybe

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a label for that. Heteroromantic bisexual. Or you might just be straight.

Questioning is alright. A whole lot of it happens. I would say I questioned twice.

Continue posting here. We're a nice crowd.

4. BleedToLoveHer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would say more bisexual than straight.. I dunno but I know tons of girls that sleep with other girls and are attracted to them some what but will never ever be in a relationship with a girl.. they are WAY to into guys and will always need one on their arm. I dunno.. I mean it sounds like you're a Kinsey 2 :wink: You'll figure it out eventually :slight_smile:

5. Vesper

Sounds like you may be bisexual and hetero-romantic, like what pretty much everyone else has said.

That said, though, don't let whatever label you end up choosing define you. Labels are nice to help you get a sense of where you fall (roughly), but don't think for a minute that once you've found a label that's a good fit, you have to conform to it strictly.

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah as the others have said. oh and welcome!

7. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets!

I just want to point out, a lot of people feel this way when they are first accepting their sexuality. You may find that you ARE able to have a relationship with a guy, even though you can't imagine it right now.

There are even guys that turn out to be gay that feel at first like they are "sexually attracted to men, but emotionally only attracted to women." Once they actually start dating guys, they usually find out that they are emotionally attracted to men, it was just that they had internalized an idea of the kind of relationship that they were supposed to have, and it was with a woman. It's fairly common, actually, for a gay or bisexual person to feel this way at some point in their self-acceptance process.

So, my recommendation, since you are sexually attracted to both sexes, is that you identify as bisexual--and be open to seeing how you feel in the future, if you actually date a guy. Don't assume that you couldn't form an emotional attachment to a man just because you can't imagine it right now.

8. Waffles

Labels-shmables.
    If you would like one, then I'd stick to "hetero-romantic bisexual". 'w'
    But in the end, you like who you like, and that's that!
    Don't fret over labels~! ^^