1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do women generally feel

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JGreene, May 17, 2012.

1. JGreene

how do women generally take finding out there male partner is a closeted homosexual. i feel i really need to tell her but im worried about how she will react.

2. julia

I've never been in this situation but I think if she really cares about you, she will be supportive. It's probably going to take her some time to get used to it and may be a bit heartbroken but I think she'll come around.
    Usually when this happens the two become great friends, from what I've seen. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably hurt, and maybe betrayed. Some people take it okay though. I have heard more good stories about this situation than bad ones.

4. Welp, I can't tell you what your significant other will feel about this, but I can say that in my situation and in a lot of ones I've heard about...my boyfriend already kind of knew. I think that we don't give people enough credit. When there's something wrong with a relationship we're in, even if we haven't admitted it, a lot of times we know.

In my case, my boyfriend was really really sad for a while and a little angry (not particularly at me, though that can happen). Then, it got better with time and some distance. We're friends now. That same thing doesn't happen for everyone, but it sometimes does.

This is a hard situation, I'm sorry that you have to go through it.

(*hug*)

5. JGreene

thanks all. i hope it all goes well

---------- Post added 17th May 2012 at 09:32 PM ----------

if she has asked me before if i am gay, is it likely that this wont be a surprise, that her doubt before is still there even though she may not show it or pursue asking me?

6. Ridiculous

All I can say is, the sooner you tell her, the better. The longer you let her think you are straight, the more painful it will be when she does find out you aren't.

If she has already genuinely asked you if you were gay and wasn't just joking, then she probably has some feeling that you aren't entirely heterosexual. I don't think it's something straight couples regularly ask each other (but what would I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

7. Ianthe

She has some idea, yes.

That doesn't mean it won't still be upsetting, and really difficult. But in the long run, it's better for you both that you tell her.

She'll go through some version of the grieving process. But as long as she doesn't feel like you were just using her, or that you've hurt her intentionally, you will probably be able to be friends.

Have you cheated on her at all?

8. TheFlog60

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry to be crude, but since you are gay, there might have been some issues in the 'bedroom' which she has noticed, so this could mean she knows something isn't quite right in your relationship anyway. If this is the case then it would be easier to talk to her about, since she would have already dealt with he idea, meaning you coming out would be less of a shock.

9. JGreene

no i havent cheated on her. i dont know what i would do with myself if i ever betrayed her in that way. i would destroy myself if i did such a thing