1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who to tell first?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Jan 9, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

I wanted to tell SOMEONE that i was gay, but i wasnt sure who its out of two people really - my mum and this friend of mine i wasnt sure which one - my mum would basically tell my grandmother. bacause she tells her everything about me and my brother (its really annoying) and if that happened then my grandmother would basically tell her sister and my uncles and stuff(dont trust her with secrets). is there anty way i could MAKE my mother nott tell her - i mean even if i tell her not toshe'll probably just tell her not to say anything...

on the other hand i can kind of trust my friend - shes nice (the only homophobic thing was that shes scared of gays but w/e) and shes liked me before so if she outs me i can just say that shes angry cause she tried to kiss me and i turned her down, but im pretty confidet she wouldnt

thoughts/advice?

sorry this is worded horribly, as i was in a rush:confused: \

thanks in advannce

2. Alexander

if your friend is scared of gays, once she knows you're gay, that will probably change. I would tell her, if anyone. you don't HAVE to do anything you don't want to though, so take your time and decide for sure :slight_smile:

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed.

They both sound like rather risky situations, and if one of them goes bad it may cause you to have problems when it comes to telling others in the future. If you are positive you want to tell somebody then you should make that decision yourself. You know these people better than we do, and although you can take our advice, we only know what you tell us. Only you will have a general idea who will react better, so you should go with that person if you are 100% sure you want to tell them. :slight_smile:

4. Hollywood

I definatly say, at least in my case, friends first, IF YOU'RE READY. don't rush into it because you feel obligated.