1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admit it, you missed me! Just joking.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LimePopsicle, May 18, 2012.

1. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

It's been a while. I think so anyways. Sure does feel like it has. This is probably more of an update than anything, but there isn't anything to update, so that's probably not the best word to use...

Well, the reason for this is mostly that someone really believes I'm a guy. He's really cool, I talk to him through the Internet (the wonders of it!). He never did ask if I was a guy or not, he just assumed it. So, I didn't lie :thumbsup:. My conscious is clear of that xD And it feels better this way. HE believes I'm a guy without me having to tell him. But, at the same time, I'm wondering if I should let him know that I'm a biological female. While it might be the best thing to do, I just can't find it in me to tell him when it feels so right and freeing (is that the right word for this?) to be thought of as a guy. And while I'm not really a male psychologically, it feels much more comfortable to identify as one. I don't know what I could be considered, and I really don't care because I'm still the same old me that blurts out stuff that should be kept quiet :dry:frowning2:there have been many odd looks because of that:lol:slight_smile:.

But anyways! Yeah, should I tell him? Oh, and sorry if the format or something is weird. I'm using my iPod for this because the computer is shutting off randomly (I lost a whole document!:bang:slight_smile:.

2. Ianthe

If you are dating him, than you should probably tell him.

Otherwise, I don't think it should matter.

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I basically agree with Ianthe. If you are particularly close friends with him then it might also be worthwhile to tell him because then you would have someone to talk to. It certainly isn't necessary that you do, however.

4. super confused

Of course we missed you. :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if you should tell him. Only you can decide. You need to weigh how you feel now against how you would feel if you told him that you're biologically female against how you would feel if he found out on his own. Risk and reward. Is it worth it?

What you really need to know is how accepting he would be of you if he found out on his own. If he wouldn't care, and it wouldn't matter to him, then I would say don't bother telling him. Because, in my opinion, biology does NOT determine your gender; it only determines what genitals and reproductive organs you have. Your gender is how you feel. If you are biologically female, but you feel like a boy, biology be damned; because that makes you a boy. So it wouldn't be a lie even if you had said, "I'm a guy."

However, not everyone is so open-minded. And you unfortunately need to take that into account as we LGBTs gain acceptance.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

5. Deaf Not Blind

Hey Limey! I don't see why you would bother. I f he has assumed it correctly and you didn't feel a need to correct him, which you would only if misgendered, why now?

I opened a FB account under my guy name, but I am not at all hiding on that I am transgendered. But a transwoman misgendered me as a transwoman and that was funny. Saw my guy photo and said I will never be able to pass female. :slight_smile: I corrected her. (same pix on here btw)

So I will say, nope, just enjoy your real relationship with your new online buddy! Congrats! You da man!