1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So There's This Guy....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, May 18, 2012.

1. secretguyX

So I met this guy on a school field trip yesterday, and hung out with him most of the time. Afterwards we've texted a bit, and he asked me out to go bowling on Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm going to go though. Everyone else I've talked to thinks he's a bit creepy, and I may agree just a little. He asked out my friend earlier this year, but she thought he was creepy and said no. I know he's asked out other girls in the same manner too.

And today, I was talking to the girl I have a crush on at our softball game. She had asked me if I was going to semi, and I said yeah. So then she asked me if I'm going out with 'this kid', because I guess she saw us talking a lot yesterday on the trip. So I said no, i just met him yesterday. Then she went on to tell me about a story of him kind of creeping on her and her friend, which I'll admit, was really funny.

He's a little cute (probably because i have a thing for baseball players in general), and he's actually a really sweet guy. He's the kind of guy who holds doors open for you, waits for you to walk first, pays for everything, and today he texted me good morning. He also remembers everything I told him about myself yesterday.

But I don't really have a crush on him, at least not right now. Especially because I really like this girl, even though she's most likely straight, and I don't see me getting over her anytime soon. I don't know if I should 'hang out' with him Sunday or not. Because if he does like me, which he seemed to be giving hints about and his friends kept saying we should go out, I don't really want to lead him on. And also, I don't know since everyone else I've talked to have said he's creepy.

2. NemesisPrime

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I say go for it. He seems like a nice guy.

At least hang out with him, doesn't have to be as boyfriend and girlfriend it can be just friends.

If he asks if your currently dating just say your not interested at the moment.

3. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's totally okay to hang out with him, just let him know that you consider it hanging out and not a date.

It sounds like his creepiness is mostly a matter of reputation and gossip. If he hasn't done anything that makes you personally uncomfortable, then don't worry about it.

4. Insomniac

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Go out with him. At least you'll realise if he's creepy or not yourself ! Give him a chance if you think you may have feelings for him. You shouldn't have lied to your friend about not going about with this guy. and especially about your crush , you should be careful because you said she's likely straight. If you don't handle it right now , it may cause problems in your future.

5. secretguyX

Well, I went out on a date with him today. We went bowling, had some lunch, and walked around the pond and schoolyard. I don't really know what we are right now. He asked me what 'us' is, and if we're official, and I said not right now, I don't want to rush things. We held hands a bit, but I refused to kiss him. Not meanly or anything, but he tried, and I said I want it to be spontaneous or something. I don't know why, if I was scared or something? It's just, like I said, I have a huge crush on this girl. And I do like this guy, it's just, not to that extent that I like her. He's an amazing guy, and makes me feel special. It's just with her, it's a completely different feeling. I can't even explain it. I told him I've liked girls, including her, but I forgot to mention the fact that I still do.... I don't know what to do now....

6. Insomniac

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I guess for the first step you should find out if your crush (the girl) is homosexual or not. It helps you a lot in your decision. Prevent making blind decisions , You must be completely aware of situation first.