1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

been feeling pretty down

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by terpsenior11, May 18, 2012.

1. terpsenior11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    new to this so i guess i'll just jump in and maybe get some good advise. i'm a year out of college and working a job living with my friend and doing decent for myself. but i feel like i've been pretty lacking in the social department. in college, i had a ton of friends and had no issues being social, going to parties, having dinner with friends, etc. but now a full year after graduating, i feel like i've lost all my friends. i mean i still have a few close friends but not nearly the same as what i had. so i've been feeling lonely especially since the few friends i do have all seem to be in relationships and i am the only one not. i've been trying to make new friends and meet people. i've even used one of those social sites. but i haven't really found anyone. the girls i meet don't really want anything to do with a bi guy (i can only guess because they are looking for a straight man to date) and the guys i meet seem to just seem to bed looking for their next lay. i feel like i'm at a loss. i'm not interested in hooking up and don't really know why girls wont give me a chance. i guess this is a bit confusing and don't know how to edit my typings so i'll just say yes i want to date but i'll even just settle for friends. ugh not sure what else to say. i feel really down, maybe even depressed... but i don't think i'm clinically depressed. i am just getting tired of putting myself out their to get rejected. and it doesn't help that the friends i do have depend on me to plan getting together and magically know all their schedules and be able to plan shit and drive for close to an hour to meet them for only a couple of hours of hanging out. i guess that's just bitchy but it's how i feel.

well if anyone can make sense of my word vomit, i'd definitely like some advice if you have any. not sure what else to do.

2. BleedToLoveHer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I know how you feel, because I am in the same rut it seems. I am a year out of college, and I'm living an hour from home in a new city. I only have like 2 or 3 really good friends so I have hardly anyone to hang out with all the time. I don't know where the heck to meet women in this town and most days I feel like I just wake up, go to work an hour later, come home and go back to bed. Mostly because of my crazy 4pm-12:30am work schedule. (Gives me no time to do ANYTHING) so my life feels pretty boring right now.

If I were you I'd do something that made me happy at least once a day. It could be playing your favourite song on the piano for an hour, going for a walk in the sun or eating a banana (WHICH, by the way, releases some sort of chemical that puts you in a better mood.) I'm sorry you're feeling this way, That's just my advice for feeling down part.. I really don't know what to say about the not being able to meet anyone because I'm in the same boat basically... kind of lonely at the moment.. and I ruined something great with a great girl. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. terpsenior11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well i don't know if i can say it's a good thing to meet someone else in my position but it helps to know i'm not the only one. I actually have a pretty similar crazy work schedule and feel like I'm in the same rut. Part of me thinks that if i get a job with normal hours that will help immensely.

What you said sounds like good advise. I just feel like nothing really makes me happy anymore, but I guess that means I need to try new thinks. That would be a lot easier if I had someone to try new things with.

And thanks for the sentiment. I'm sorry you are feeling this way too and that your relationship didn't work out. Anyone out there have advise for us as to how to meet people in a new town?

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not go out to the fun places the town offers, like a putt-putt course, or a swimming pool or any other places where the chances of finding good people that can become great friends.

Clubs might work, but they tend to attract users and abusers (I say that cause it's the only sort of label i can give these people. they are only friends with you cause they want something from you. I don't call them friends and I kinda have the knack for spotting and avoiding them.)

if you're near a beach, go sun bathing or swimming. if there is like a paint ball club, why not join in. Even the gym can help you there. there are plenty of places you can go to find "quality" friends. if you like painting, see if you can find an art group or class in your area. hay if you into dancing, why not join a dancing school, learn the tango while making friends.

It's not much of advice, but it's a start (I hope)