1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Just Teen Hormones or Something More..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordash, May 19, 2012.

1. Jordash

Alright... so lately my life seems to be crumbling... 6 months ago, everything was perfect, I felt like I was on top of the world! But... now it just seems like everything bad thats ever happened to me is rearing its ugly heads...
    I have nightmares about being raped, my mothers old ways of being drunk, angry and mean are starting back up, my father is never home anymore, and all this stuff makes me snap at my friends and girlfriend so they think I'm always mad at them for something. And now every so often I get called out of class to talk to a case worker about my parents drunk fighting! And it doesn't help that I can't seem to focus on school work, especially my worst subject: algebra. My mom is so mean about it too, she told me I was retarded because I have a 51%... I used to do well, it just got to hard and I couldn't keep up, its not my fault! :tears:

And to top it off, I'm gay. I fucking like girls! How am I ever going to explain that to my parents who want grandchildren from me!? They have other daughters, they're straight! They'll give 'em grandkids! God, they need to get off my case!

But my question here is am I just overreacting because I'm a teenager and thats "what we do" or is it something more than that, is their something wrong with me? :tears: Help me, please... just let me know what I'm doung wrong! Why can't I just make everyone happy!? :tears:

2. Lad123

Hey Jordash, there is nothing wrong with you! You have a lot on your plate right now so please do not think about what you are doing wrong since its not your fault at all. Its clear that your parents are at fault here and should be ashamed of themselves for not being good parents. They should be worrying about you rather than themselves drunk fighting?! Also, what kind of a mother calls their child retarded for getting a 51%? (I'm not familiar with US grades)

Just try not to think about it too much... I know, easier said than done but with parents like that, only you can do something about it.

Stay strong, you can do it! (*hug*)

3. TraceElement

First of all, you have ALOT on your plate. There are people expecting alot from you, and the fear that you can't live up to the expectations is stressing you out, making you not able to focus as you usually do.
    I would suggest that you talk to a school counselor about this, or a therapist. Just having an adult in your corner to support you and help you carry the load can make each day just a little bit less stressful.

4. Jordash

That's the last thing I want! I do not want any more people to know just how fucked up I am! Plus, just to add insult to injury, the school counselor live just across the street from me... so that would just add more stress, I think.... Cause she could tell my mom I complain a lot... then.... yeah, I'm honestly not sure what my mom would do if she figured out I went and cried to her about "hard" my life....

I feel like such a brat...