1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad- mom wants grandkids

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by em11, May 19, 2012.

1. em11

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am 19 and just in the past year realized I am gay, and I'm only out to a few friends so far. Recently my mom was telling me that she wished I had a boyfriend, and how she wants grandkids someday. Now I'm afraid to come out to her, and I feel like I'm disappointing her by being gay. I know she'll still love me when I tell her, I'm just worried she'll be disappointed and wish I was a normal straight girl. Working up the courage to come out is really hard! It doesn't help that I live in the South, where most people still think that being gay is a sin.

2. ArcaneVerse

Adoption, sperm donor. She will still have grandkids, if you want to have them that is.

3. Ianthe

Your mother will be all right.

You can still have kids if you want them--and if you don't, that would have been a problem even if you were straight.

Meanwhile, because she doesn't know that you are gay, she unwittingly says things that upset you. Most likely, she thinks you will be happier once you find someone. Maybe, if you come out to her, she will start hoping you find a girlfriend.

4. starfish

I have a friend whose mother really wants grandchildren.

Now she is Korean, so imagine her accident as it makes this funnier. Every time he goes home he hears this "When you meet nice boy and adopt chinese baby, I want grand kid".

My point is you can still have kids.

5. Zontar

The real question is, do you want kids?