1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he interested?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chierro, May 20, 2012.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, so there's this guy, I'm gonna call him D, and I work with him. He's cute and my age and I have thee biggest crush on him. Granted I didn't see him or talk to him from October-well yesterday. See, our job's at an Amusement park so it's during the summer and he's not much of a texter. I saw him two weeks ago at work. We sat at a oicnic table together in the morning but he was like asleep so we didn't talk. Then I did force myself to go see him on a break but of course he was busy. No lets go to yesterday.

I saw him when I got to work, I was nervous so I didn't say anything. Then on my first break I was walking with my friend Bridget and she had to go see someone so I went back to our department's office and as I got there D was walking out. My heart like stopped I was so nervous. But he smiled and waved when he saw me. God he has such a cute smile. But he was leaving his break. He then said, "Hey I'd love to stay and talk but if ai don't get back Colton'll kill me." So I managed to joke with him. (I'm good at holding masks). I passed him twice after that and he smiled and waved, I wanted to stop but I was busy. Later I did mange to go and see him and talk. We talked a little, but he was busy so I let him get back to work. I then saw him again when I was leaving, smiled and waved again. Have I mentioned that he has such a cute smile?!

No here's where I get confused. For most people, you see them on a break and you nod if they're a guy or smile if they're a girl (somewhat sexist but idc). But he smiles at me, qnd don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I love his smile. And I'm one of his like only friends from work, due to him a very effed up schedule last year.

Do you guys think it's flirting?

P.S. He knows I'm bi. My friend Nate made me ask him if he was so I did and he gave no response, I took that as weirded out, Nate takes it as he's bi.

Opinions please.

2. RealityCheck

Just ask him out. Just don't do it in public as he may not be comfortable with it. He knows you are bi and doesn't seem to care so why not. I say get it out of the way. I'm older and don't like to play games though, lol. Most will probably analyze this as he isn't comfortable and that you were open and he didn't respond in kind, but all that depends on the context of the environment that the conversation took place in. The only thing I would want to know is how you know he doesn't like to text. Did you try to exchange numbers already or something?

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We've been friends since like June last summer. We had been talking on Facebook then one day (4th of July I think) he was just like, here's my number, it'll be easier to talk there. And I mean it's weird with him and texting. Like all winter he wouldnt text, two weeks in a row i text him and we have a good convo, I'm actually talking to him right now.

4. BudderMC

Personally, I'd take it as being "weirded out", that's the safest way to go. As to why he's weirded out, well that could be a whole bunch of things. Likely either he's straight and not understanding why you're asking, or likes guys but isn't comfortable enough to tell you. Either way, I think it means he's off-limits, at least for the time being.

And not to burst your bubble, if you said you're his only real friend there, he's probably smiling just because of that... you guys are friends. When I'm walking around campus I'll smile and chat with people who I'm closer friends with, and just kinda wave/nod/smile to acquaintances then be on my way.

All that being said, technically it's possible he likes guys and he's smiling because he's into you. But you've taken all the "hinting" steps you can I think... if you really want to know, I think you're at the point where you'll have to outright ask him.

The thing is though: is asking him worth risking the friendship over?

5. RealityCheck

BudderMC is right. Nothing left but to just ask him. Doesn't sound like it will be that be of a risk since your contact is so limited. If you text him, you could just ask if he would ever date a guy.

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want to ask, cause I love our friendship, I don't want it to end. It's most likely that I'm not truly his only friend. He said that early last summer. He's friends with plenty of people by now. Guys and girls. I've seen it. Just yesterday I saw him talking to a cute girl from a different department. So I don't know. I'm really hoping he's going to go to employee nights this year. I'd get to hang out with him all night. So I'm being hopeful.

7. RealityCheck

I understand. You can just drop hints or still just work it in to your casual text chats to ask if he would ever consider dating a guy. Maybe just bring up a topic about the lgbt community and see how he responds. I doubt that would make him runaway. Anyway, keep us updated and good luck on finding out.