1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back With Sadness

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by standtall00, May 20, 2012.

1. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Eh, I feel so stupid by posting a sad post, but oh well. Anyway, after finding out my crush was straight *cries in the corner* I got over it :grin: Then I found out I'm moving to a new city 4 hours away :/ And now it feels like I'm going to have to come out to new friends all over again, and that is NO fun. Then I thought..."wait, now I won't find a guy for me" I know this is sooo untrue, but when I make new friends should I just wait, or just straight up say "I'm Gay!!"

2. Dominic

Dominic Guest

I would suggest meeting some new people, getting to know them better, finding out who really is your friend and who is just an acquaintance, and then tell your new friends that you're gay. I wouldn't suggest coming out right off the bat because you don't know who is your friend and keep that secret to him/herself, and who will go and spread the fact that you're gay around to everyone. What I am trying to get across is, you need to find out who is actually your friend when you move to your new city. Hope I helped.

3. RealityCheck

I guess it depends on how old you are and how comfortable you are with your self. If you are in school and need to make friends there then I would get to know people first maybe. If you are out of school then I don't see a need to not be open with people. Granted it may not be what defines you, but I would think you would want to fill your life with people who accept you for who you are. Even if you were in school, if you find out that it is an accepting situation then why hold back? I moved here to Atlanta and found it very accepting of gay people. While I don't shout my sexuality to everyone I meet, I am willing to be open to whomever inquires about my life. Just my two cents.